How to rehab Bayley and Becky Lynch as characters?

Protegejoe296

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I liked both in NXT, but neither has really hit with the main rosters. Ideas on how to remake them? I think Bayley should go total heel and anti-hugging, a kind of "don't touch me, I'm too good for that" thing. Becky, just allow her to kick some ass.

I liked both in NXT, but neither has really hit with the main rosters. Ideas on how to remake them? I think Bayley should go total heel and anti-hugging, a kind of "don't touch me, I'm too good for that" thing. Becky, just allow her to kick some ass.
A lot of people want to see bayley become like lita with edge. I'm not sure if you need to turn her but I can't believe that her and Sasha haven't turned on each other yet. It looks likely now with Sasha acting more heelish recently but they've teased it a few times and never delivered.

Becky is a weird one, I don't see her brought up as much as bayley for floundering and she seems to still be getting decent cheers. I'm kind of with you though, I think that she's one of the worst booked characters on either show. I'm expecting charlotte to turn on her again since she's a bland face but the opposite sounds more interesting to me. Maybe a draft after mania will help.

Bayley needs to squash jobbers and start from scratch.

#HoeAssBayley

They're both glorified jobbers at this point. They'll lose to ugly Ronda in under a minute and eventually be wished well in future endeavors.

It's disheartening because there are a lot of external forces that led to both of their slide down the ranks.

Step One- Identifying the Problem
Becky, reportedly, is just disliked by Kevin Dunn because of her accent. That's it. One of their more talented and more over women did nothing wrong and paid for it. That's why she was the top women's face on Smackdown but never got her payback on Alexa Bliss when they threw the spotlight on Naomi (no pun intended.) Then the "Superstar shakeup" took her from the main face of Smackdown to a support player for Charlotte... who was a heel up until that point.

Bayley is absolutely mind-boggling. The character and the performer were a perfect match and a license to print money ffs. It was a great hook into the burgeoning female audience by getting them younger and merching the hell out of them. I point to the Charlotte feud and the abandoning ship during that angle. After seeing Sasha v Charlotte for the 34th time, it was a logical feud. Bayley, the fangirl, the lovable loser, the heart of gold that never gives up, gets berated and belittled by the dominant champ... but she's got Charlotte's number and beats her clean in tag matches and non-title. WrestleMania moment? Nope. We'll have her win at a random RAW and retain via Sasha Banks interference. Then lose it in her hometown. Then lose a squash match to a sexy midget. I also have a theory that, because Sasha is so outspoken but protected to a degree, some of her heat could be falling on her bestie.

Furthermore, one of the reasons Becky and Bayley were so over upon the main roster debut was because they genuinely loved being there and it showed. The people believed. It's going to get harder to believe as being there is less and less enjoyable.

Step Two- Washing It Out

It would be nice to see Becky go on a tear like it looked like she would do after returning vs Riott Squad... but Asuka's doing that on RAW and Ronda's lying in wait so will there be a payoff if she does? Probably not. I hate to say it but a good move may see her switch brands and attach herself to Balor Club. Then they have a male single, a tag team, and a female. She has history to work off of and a change is always good.

Bayley might be easier or harder to fix, depending on the path taken. Flat out? She needs to win. Wins and losses don't matter? Bullshit. Asuka and Braun are cheered like crazy despite heel personas because they're winners. Best for Bayley is to get some momentum and get backstabbed by Sasha who's also climbing the ladder. Disappear for a little bit. Come back to challenge champ Sasha. But, again, it's the Asuka and Ronda show for now.

Last edited:
Step One- Identifying the Problem
Becky, reportedly, it just disliked by Kevin Dunn because of her accent. That's it. One of their more talented and more over women did nothing wrong and paid for it.
Edit only billed from. Doesn't she also supposedly have heat for that interview she gave where she buried the first stage of the women's revolution? It seems like the more Nxt girls that come up will get over at both of their expense too.

HoeAssBayley will work. Innocence lost is a great story.

Just give Becky some wins and she’s golden.

Bayley needs serious changes. No one wants to cheer for her now since she’s seen as lame. Alexa spitting insults at her with zero response and then booking showing them to be TRUE was some really weird shit.

Wouldn’t be shocked if some writer did it out of spite for not thinking she was hot or getting rejected.

raw

Have them make out with each other each week.

Swap them.

Send Bayley to Smackdown and have her win some matches. Try to keep her out of situations where she has to be verbally spontaneous in front of a crowd and what she does say, keep short and sweet. Downplay the cringeworthy, hugging aspect of her character, no more thumbs up with goofy smile, but keep everything else. She is still a good wrestler and a good baby face, and can redeem herself with a long feud with Charlotte (who should not be a face).

Becky Lynch, heel turn, send to Raw and turn her into a suplex machine. Have her dominate jobbers and break jobbers arms with the Disarm-her.

its definitely true that becky's voice is horrible. probably make her a heel so she can talk less. as most of you know, i am a big fan of hers (thighs), but the voice kills me. its like nails on a chalkboard and sounds like it must actually hurt her to speak. give her paul heyman or something

its definitely true that becky's voice is horrible. probably make her a heel so she can talk less. as most of you know, i am a big fan of hers (thighs), but the voice kills me. its like nails on a chalkboard and sounds like it must actually hurt her to speak. give her paul heyman or something
Speaking more probably works better as a heel in the traditional sense then. I wouldn't want heyman near either of them tbh, rousey maybe, anybody else will just get overshadowed when he gets his shit in.

Back