How to perform 100 pushups

I don't know I just do them in sets... 25 rest 20 seconds do another 25 rest 20 seconds do another 25 rest 20 seconds then the other 25...

or sometimes do 50 rest a minute then do another 50

are you talking about 100 push ups straight with no rest?

That guy should be shot for somehow making this complicated. If you want to do 100 pushups, do 100 pushups. If you need to take breaks, take breaks. Soon you'll be able to get to 100. You don't need a detailed program with partials and shit like that.

That guy should be shot for somehow making this complicated. If you want to do 100 pushups, do 100 pushups. If you need to take breaks, take breaks. Soon you'll be able to get to 100. You don't need a detailed program with partials and shit like that.

Agreed.

Can anybody do 100 pushups in 2 mins. I've never really practiced this before or anything, but I've tried it a couple of times and the most I've gotten is 88.

Here's my program for doing 100 pushups.

Day 1
Do 100 push ups.

Day 2
Do 100 push ups.

Day 3
Do 100 push ups.

Day 4
Repeat Day 1

Day 5
Repeat Day 3 or Day 2

Certainly, it cant be that easy.

Day 1
Do 100 push ups.

Day 2
Do 100 push ups.

Day 3
Do 100 push ups.

Day 4
Repeat Day 1

Day 5
Repeat Day 3 or Day 2

I see your logic hear Sonny but I wonder if I'd see better results if on day 5 I repeated day 1 rather than day 3 or day 2?

I see your logic hear Sonny but I wonder if I'd see better results if on day 5 I repeated day 1 rather than day 3 or day 2?

No. I studied human physiology and the science of push ups for 10 years, you must do it as outlined in the program.

Day 1
Do 100 push ups.

Day 2
Do 100 push ups.

Day 3
Do 100 push ups.

Day 4
Repeat Day 1

Day 5
Repeat Day 3 or Day 2

Lol I like that program the best.

No. I studied human physiology and the science of push ups for 10 years, you must do it as outlined in the program.

i dont really think you have the right after only 10 years of push up study to be publically making hypothetical opinions like this. i my self have been studying the science of pushups for over 25 years. and wouldent make such asumptions. IMO anyone wanting to do 100 pushups should atleast study the subject for atleast a year before attempting such programs

i dont really think you have the right after only 10 years of push up study to be publically making hypothetical opinions like this. i my self have been studying the science of pushups for over 25 years. and wouldent make such asumptions. IMO anyone wanting to do 100 pushups should atleast study the subject for atleast a year before attempting such programs

There's no one size fits all approach to push ups.

Right now I'm working on my master thesis. "How to Breathe?"

I'm going to go into detail about how duck walking on your tip toes wearing a vaseline hat done twice daily every thrice week will increase your ability to breathe.

Day 1
Do 100 push ups.

Day 2
Do 100 push ups.

Day 3
Do 100 push ups.

Day 4
Repeat Day 1

Day 5
Repeat Day 3 or Day 2

I see the logic here, but unfortunately this is useless to me as I am currently studying the very elusive 110 pushup program.

I see the logic here, but unfortunately this is useless to me as I am currently studying the very elusive 110 pushup program.

Way ahead of you dude.

Sonny's 110 Push up Program said:
Day 1
Do 110 push ups.

Day 2
Do 110 push ups.

Day 3
Do 110 push ups.

Day 4
Repeat Day 1

Day 5
Repeat Day 3 or Day 2

man you really think on your feet! would i be able to modify it for 105 pushups? or does the math fall apart when its not in increments of ten?

Agreed.

Can anybody do 100 pushups in 2 mins. I've never really practiced this before or anything, but I've tried it a couple of times and the most I've gotten is 88.

In highschool when I was in much better shape I did 60 in 60 seconds. Just put a watch in front of me and went at it, never really knew if I could do anymore, but I'm sure 100 in 2 minutes is more than attainable for a huge portion of the people here.

Day 1
Do 100 push ups.

Day 2
Do 100 push ups.

Day 3
Do 100 push ups.

Day 4
Repeat Day 1

Day 5
Repeat Day 3 or Day 2

So I love your program, but I'm a little confused on day 4... Do I do 100 pushups?

So I love your program, but I'm a little confused on day 4... Do I do 100 pushups?

Thank you for the kind words about my program. Yes, you are indeed correct, on day 4 you do 100 push ups. I have the studies to back this up.

Wolf A, Bray GA, Popkin BM.
How to do 100 push ups Obes Rev. 2008 Mar;9(2):151-64.

....subjects looking to perform 100 push ups were seperated into two groups. Group A did 100 push ups while group B did NOT do 100 push ups. At the end of the 8 week trial, the 100 push up group were more successful at doing 100 push ups.

I find I can build up to doing 100 pushups faster by doing 200 pushups...

I find I can build up to doing 100 pushups faster by doing 200 pushups...

During studies for my dissertation on The Science of Pushups, I attempted this exact method, but found that by the time I had performed the 200 pushups, I couldn't quite do 100 pushups.

I found a solution however. During the 200 pushups, if I made pushup 67 an eccentric pushup, and if I made pushup 131 and 132 partial pushups, I could perform the 100 pushups after the 200 pushup set.

Back