How to fight a wrestler ?

yes betas need to be manned up
The bigger (ego they have), the harder the fall. Seen it on numerous occassions.

We've got a brown belt who pees on me with his look all the time. Plotting now to take 'em down. Sooner than you think... ah it's sooner than he thinks.<Wink>

Develop good wrestling. Get in the wrestling room.
I fought two high school wrestlers in amateur MMA. They both took me down. I didn't have the best skills at the time, just a little scrappy guy.
1st one dominated me the first round, gassed, and I finished him in the 2nd. We were both 18 i think. If not, we were 17. I have a video and it is hard to watch how sloppy I was.
Second one dominated me in the first, didn't gas, and whooped my ass.

The bigger (ego they have), the harder the fall. Seen it on numerous occassions.

We've got a brown belt who pees on me with his look all the time. Plotting now to take 'em down. Sooner than you think... ah it's sooner than he thinks.<Wink>
but you arnt even near a brown you are a white belt lol

Develop good wrestling. Get in the wrestling room.
I fought two high school wrestlers in amateur MMA. They both took me down. I didn't have the best skills at the time, just a little scrappy guy.
1st one dominated me the first round, gassed, and I finished him in the 2nd. We were both 18 i think. If not, we were 17. I have a video and it is hard to watch how sloppy I was.
Second one dominated me in the first, didn't gas, and whooped my ass.
lol true its dumb that guys try tot ell gys to go learn bjj to deal with wrasslers. if you plan to have a mma career sure go learn bjj from the beginning but if you plan to just do couple fights and you wana be a striker then id work on tdd 100% learning how the cage truly works and knowing the common defenses to takedowns

Get better at MMA. What an impossible question. Learn to defend takedowns, become a guy that can keep a scramble going until they get back up to their feet. Basically learn to wrestle,do BJJ and trainh with wrestlers. Learn literally everything necessary to defend a takedown. You wanted one tip? Like don't let them clasp their hands togethor or some shit?

Striking tips? Yeah, same as the anti wrestling tips, be a better striker. Ideally you want an ability to one shot KO guys. That's the key. That way you don't have to spend too much time defending takedowns.

but you arnt even near a brown you are a white belt lol
He's (the brown belt's) got skills but not equal to his rank).
I believe we agreed that in TMA, the belts are spread all over it's in the YT vids I've posted several myself with this occurrence.<mma1>

BJJ belts, the vibe goes, are still much harder to attain comparatively speaking... a plus for you.

im a bjj black belt actually
I have a ton of respect for BJJ. However, there's a ton of stuff wrong with that Royce BJJ match over in the UFC discussion section... upon which you have missed the boat.

It's not 1-dimensional thinking I'm using, it's fair to warn you.<LordRoose>

Keep those feet attached to the ground

This is a common sentiment, but there are exceptions.

Head kicks are actually good against someone looking to take you down, since if they try to catch them like they would a leg or body kick, they're getting knocked out. The only real way to defend is to lean out of the way.

This is a common sentiment, but there are exceptions.

Head kicks are actually good against someone looking to take you down, since if they try to catch them like they would a leg or body kick, they're getting knocked out. The only real way to defend is to lean out of the way.
I won my 2nd MMA fight off a takedown by going forward and bodylocking a guy who threw a headkick at me.
The best move is to become a good enough scrambler that you aren't scared of throwing kicks period. If you don't have the confidence to escape via scrambles you should be extremely cautious with your kicks.

The best move is to become a good enough scrambler that you aren't scared of throwing kicks period. If you don't have the confidence to escape via scrambles you should be extremely cautious with your kicks.

I agree with this sentiment; if we are trading anecdotes though, Jorge Masvidal had great effect at disuading Demian Maia's approaches by making him keep his hands up through high kicks, it was when he stopped going to the well and started punching more that allowed Maia to duck under and get in on his legs.

I agree with this sentiment; if we are trading anecdotes though, Jorge Masvidal had great effect at disuading Demian Maia's approaches by making him keep his hands up through high kicks, it was when he stopped going to the well and started punching more that allowed Maia to duck under and get in on his legs.

its weird though lots of guys today think its a great strat to leg kick wrestlers but in past the fundamental rule was dont throw leg kicks at wrestlers i still think that stands today with leg kicks body kicks im on the fence with atm

not that you should never throw a leg kick but i love when guys throw them at me tbh especially with no set up just throwing them out there

I'll have to rewatch, but Masvidals kicks shine because he is hard as fuck to hold down. Getting his leg doesn't mean you get a takedown on him. It was a very close fight vs Maia, and very few guys can keep top pressure like Maia. Either way, I think we basically agree.

its weird though lots of guys today think its a great strat to leg kick wrestlers but in past the fundamental rule was dont throw leg kicks at wrestlers i still think that stands today with leg kicks body kicks im on the fence with atm

not that you should never throw a leg kick but i love when guys throw them at me tbh especially with no set up just throwing them out there

you can kick everyone, the idea is to kick when theyre moving backwards and not when theyre coming forward

you can kick everyone, the idea is to kick when theyre moving backwards and not when theyre coming forward

again with a set up yes but guys willjust throw a empty kick with no hands behind it ect which is why guys get taken down off kicks

The way he underhooks, the way he gets up to the dog fight, not keeping the leg hook when in the dog fight.
I would just take my leg out and front head lock him if he tries to do it his way.

heres a competition he did recently dudes extremely smooth cant deny that

Back