How To Actually Work Your "Core"

MikeMartial

Black Belt
Reaction score
<object height="355" width="425">Most of these I've done, but the kettlebell on the GHD is a great idea.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/628qphA1-8M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

Nice vid. Training outside in the middle of no where would be f'n great.

Some pretty cool stuff, i love doing those wooden rope ladders without legs.

Another thing you can do instead of the KB is a medicine ball and do soccer throws without letting go of the ball, just doing the motion.

Before watching I want to guess... this is the one piece video right?

edit: yup. Hey look! It's Dan John!

I would like to be able to do a one handed get-up with a barbell.

I recently did this, which is from one of Dan John's DVDs:

You need: Sea sack, sled, farmer's handles, plates.

Put on the sled with harness or attach the sled attachment to your weightlifting belt. Put some weight on the sled. Put on the seasack, filled with sandbags. Pick up the farmer's handles (with added weight if necessary).

Walk till you drop.

This works your core pretty well, but also other stuff :)

great vid.

It seems unlike the rest of you I have not done many of these exercises.

I think I pooped myself a little watching the OH squats to 'sled' pull. also standing up with the bar overhead is just plain crazy/fun looking

Come on buddy, put that thing away

*turns head in disgust*

I'm gonna spam my way into oblivion!

Yeah the turkish getups are an awesome exercise, although i've never tried them with a barbell. Had to lol at this video of a guy doing them with his wife, haha!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G_JlNGC1kk0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G_JlNGC1kk0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Great vid, i've tried some exercise from there.

the body is one piece, so true

TGU with a barbell isn't as hard as you think it is. i thought it would be impossible, turned out to be pretty easy.

now adding weight to the BB is when it gets tougher..

TGU with a barbell isn't as hard as you think it is. i thought it would be impossible, turned out to be pretty easy.

now adding weight to the BB is when it gets tougher..

Same as a one handed BB snatch, it sounds alot worse than it is but as long as you keep it somewhat level then it's not much worse

Same as a one handed BB snatch, it sounds alot worse than it is but as long as you keep it somewhat level then it's not much worse

I just started messing around with these. 135# is my goal, and it's a lot more of a balance and grip issue than strength.

I just started messing around with these. 135# is my goal, and it's a lot more of a balance and grip issue than strength.

The one thing i like about it is that it makes you pull the weight smoother and more controlled than with a double. Provided you keep your arm straight for the pull i just find it's wrist strength at the lockout to control it

Back