Media How the hell did Chiesa make 155?

He says 200. But like any conversation about “walking around weight”, it’s not very meaningful or specific.

UFC 232 he weighed 188 on fight night, which was an average weight gain after weigh-ins. Almost exactly mean average, actually. Maybe he gained “walking around weight” after his decision to move to 170, maybe not.

More likely is he already had, and that’s why he missed weight on his last LW bout. Most fighters gain weight as they get older. A Silva was ranked #1 at 170 for a brief period before he moved up to 185.

So how did he manage it? The same way as everyone else. Felder is huge and has been pretty blunt about his challenges of making 155.

It sucks for those few guys who are too big for 155 and too small for 170, but the alternative of having 32 weight classes like boxing (I exaggerate for effect) is not a great solution either.

Last edited:

I remember being shocked by how much bigger he seemed than Condit, who's a career 170 lber.

Anybody know if he's talked about how much weight he was cutting?

I've got RDA, but anything can happen in this crazy sport.

I remember being shocked by how much bigger he seemed than Condit, who's a career 170 lber.

Anybody know if he's talked about how much weight he was cutting?

Seriously, he has the frame of some Middleweights. Dude is huge. Wonder how much the bump up will benefit his performances.

Till made WW
Conor made FW
Costa makes MW
Vick made LW
Rumble made WW

Not surprised about Chiesa

People need to realise that length and height isnt the only factor to size.

Are some of yall dumb?

How does this gorilla make 155lb cut? He legitimately could be fighting at MW or LHW
James-Vick-696x392.jpg

And yet people somehow think Khabib is too big to fight at lightweight, the absurdity of people's bias is so cringy.

UFC needs to make 100 cards in a row in California, i need fight night stats, damn it!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back