How should this (catfishing) situation be handled Sherbros

magicmarker

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So about every 4-6 weeks or so a car/truck will pull up near our house real slow, stop, drive farther, turn around, go by slow again, stop etc. There’s no reason for anyone that doesn’t live in this neighborhood to be going through our neighborhood as the street I live on is basically a big U that you turn off the road to get on and then it makes a U and connects back to the same (only) road less than a mile later, there are no side streets once you enter the neighborhood.

Because anyone going slow through this neighborhood sticks out like a sore thumb (10:30pm-midnight) I always notice this strange behavior as well as hear dogs in the neighborhood barking at them. So one time I went outside and just kinda walked around and looked at them to make sure they know I’m home and you’re not gonna be robbing me or whatever you’re planning. The guy in the car is mid late 20’s and asks me about an address and said he was talking to a girl and she gave him this street address that is not our address (not an address # for any house on our street). But the address does fall very closeby. If the house did exist it would be across the street from our house and would be between the house across the street and the next house down at the bottom of the hill (all the house lots are around 5 acres). He says she gave him that address but now she’s not responding. It seems the catfisher goes silent whenever the perv gets close to the fictional address in our neighborhood and ghosts him the rest of the night.

Every time this happens it’s always a guy, mid late 20’s and I can see they’re constantly on their phone because the screen lights up in the darkness. They usually drive back and forth for 20-40 minutes before they give up, some are more persistent than others.

Should I keep watching their misfortune when they come through, or should I inform them they’re getting catfished? Should I fill the neighborhood with uppercuts? Should I talk to one of them and try and figure out who’s behind all this. It would be pretty embarrassing for them for me to have to inform them they’re one of many who’ve done this. One of the neighbors across the street to the right (fictional address is to the left) has a boy that’s about 8th grade who’s a tad odd for his age, I’ve also considered it could be him doing it and watching out his window at them. What would you do sherbros?

TLDR: someone is catfishing dudes into a fake address in my neighborhood near our home.

Thinly-veiled I Have 5 Acres thread.

Last edited:
do you live on Grove Street?

It's none of your business. Public street. They have a right to be there.

You one of those guys who trieds to tell people they can't park in front of your house too?

It's none of your business. Public street. They have a right to be there.

You one of those guys who trieds to tell people they can't park in front of your house too?
I live out in the country in NC. There are zero street lamps in the neighborhood. It’s pitch black and the closest store is 7 miles away. Why should people be parked outside my house in the middle of the night.

My guess because I've seen this Snapchat whores is that they are requesting payments before "meet ups", so once they send the payment, they get the fake address then the girl probably deletes them, they lure guys from dating apps like tinder.

The last time I got tinder I got so tired of the amount of whores trying the same tactic I left the dating app, and deleted all the whores from Snapchat, I started taking screenshots of their nudes and blocking them right after.

Screenshot_20191126-201436.jpg Screenshot_20191126-211419.jpg

My guess because I've seen this Snapchat whores is that they are requesting payments before "meet ups", so once they send the payment, they get the fake address then the girl probably deletes them, they lure guys from dating apps like tinder.

The last time I got tinder I got so tired of the amount of whores tying the same tactic I left the dating app, and deleted all the whores from Snapchat, I started taking screenshots of their nudes and blocking them right after.

View attachment 759101 View attachment 759102
Interesting...That would explain why they don’t give up very easily.

I thought this was about actual fishing.

I am dissapoint.

Sounds like you live in the middle of fucking nowhere

Put up a sign so you don't have to go out there, alerting visitors they've been scamfished by the internet to visit a house that doesn't exist

The neighborhood should also put up a commemorative statue of guys holding their phone, crying in their trucks

I live out in the country in NC. There are zero street lamps in the neighborhood. It’s pitch black and the closest store is 7 miles away. Why should people be parked outside my house in the middle of the night.

It's a public street. If they pay taxes, they can use the street.

The last time I got tinder I got so tired of the amount of whores trying the same tactic I left the dating app, and deleted all the whores from Snapchat, I started taking screenshots of their nudes and blocking them right after.

Lmao. That's a pretty decent scam.

It's a public street. If they pay taxes, they can use the street.
Yeah, I understand that. I didn’t lay out any options like calling the sheriff’s department to come out and remove them. I do have a wife and 5 children though, which comes with some responsibility to keep them safe. When people are creeping through a neighborhood such as this one late at night I will continue to be a bit vigilant while staying aware of what’s going on outside my house as well as my neighbors.

Yeah, I understand that. I didn’t lay out any options like calling the sheriff’s department to come out and remove them. I do have a wife and 5 children though, which comes with some responsibility to keep them safe. When people are creeping through a neighborhood such as this one late at night I will continue to be a bit vigilant while staying aware of what’s going on outside my house as well as my neighbors.

Fair enough. But if these guys aren't committing a crime, then it's none of your business what they do in the street.

Sheriff's department would tell you the same thing.

Black Sherdogger here.

I wouldn't want strange people in my neighborhood either... call it classist IDGAF, if dudes are too stupid to realize they've been had by Ace Ventura, then I wouldn't want their creepy asses in my neighborhood at night either.

Nothing you can do though.

<Fedor23>

Back