How relevant is boxrec?

milenss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I cannot understand it with these points. How one goes up/down in the rankings? Explain, please!

Some algorithm that they havent opened the black box on yet.

Do I answer the question in the title or the one in the post?

I can't speak to Boxrec's overall relevance, but their rankings are at least better than Ring Magazine's.

Generally points are alotted by wins and losses. How many points are gained and loss each fight depends on the ranking of the opponent and things like the form of victory (decision, stoppage, whatever).

http://boxrec.com/ratings.php?country=&sex=m&division=P4P&status=A&SUBMIT=Go

The column titled "points."

Boxrec should be viewed as nothing more than a reference.

It isn't perfect. But at least it operates on some objectivity, whereas Ring Magazine, ESPN and Yahoo! go by feels and popularity.

I just used it to wtf butterbeans boxing career again. And Seano was right, he has 8 subs in mma and 6 KOs. 8 subs...

I just used it to wtf butterbeans boxing career again. And Seano was right, he has 8 subs in mma and 6 KOs. 8 subs...

Probably the most successful mma/boxing crossover athlete out there.

Probably the most successful mma/boxing crossover athlete out there.

Probably right... very worryingly.

James Thompson lol.

Oh, and I introduced a friend of mine at work to a new pastime this week. While eating lunch at your desk, load up random Alex Reid fights where he gets KOd and enjoy. Thompson is an adequate substitute.

Dudes strong as a fucking ox. He probably subs dudes by grabbing any part of their body and just squeezing.

If I was a pro mma fighter I wouldn't want a loss via sub to butterbean. He has one via neck crank, one via armlock and several RNCs.

If I was a pro mma fighter I wouldn't want a loss via sub to butterbean. He has one via neck crank, one via armlock and several RNCs.

Several RNC's, As they say where i am from, "that aint right." Can you imagine having him on your back. :eek::eek:

Several RNC's, As they say where i am from, "that aint right." Can you imagine having him on your back. :eek::eek:

Nope, I'm gonna hit YouTube later on to see what possessed these people to give up their backs to the guy?

He has two keylocks as well, mini frank mir right there.

Boxrec is a great tool when you are trying to find fights for a guy. I use it to look for opponents ranked higher than my guy and then to look at their opponents and try to make the best match up I can that will push my guy fwd in rankings and at the same time not get him in a fight that he would be way over his head. As far as the top 10 rankings? i dont know.

Boxrec should be viewed as nothing more than a reference.

^^^This. I never use Boxrec for rankings sake. I use it to look up records or upcoming fights, for that its beneficial.

Back