How quickly would the UFC fall apart if Dana suddenly retired?

Look, like most of you I'm not a Dana White fan. He does lie a lot and mistreats many fighters with his ruthless tactics.

But G-d damn does this man know how to run his business!

Every week it seems there's a handful of injuries that threaten to destroy a card, but here comes Dana to plug the holes and keep the ship afloat.

This man has been doing this shit for 22 years and seems like he's doing it better than ever.

Every year I hear people say "UFC dead". But nope, end of year roles around and UFC reveals that it just had a record year for profits.

You can hate Dana but you also have to admit he's a fuckin beast when it comes to running the UFC business.

I don't think people understand just how unique of a job Dana has and how hard it is to pull this off. Yeah it's a "business" and he's the CEO and president, but his employees are batshit crazy individuals who chose to get punched in the head for a living. Go manage a McDonald's for a few weeks and allow yourself to stew in the chaos, now try to imagine that instead of a 15 year old girl with pimples who pops Xanax you have to try to manage the likes of Tony Ferguson, Conor McGregor, Jon Jones, and every other sociopath that has ever fought under the UFC banner. That's why I doubt Hunter can truly replace Dana. Hunter went to business school which is useless in a business like this. Dana got a perfect education for this business on the streets of Boston.

Remember, none of this was ever supposed to work. When Dana and co. took over the helm in 2001 the UFC was banned in almost every state, the US gov wanted to ban it, and even PPV was considering cutting ties. Dana took an absolute shit hole situation and turned it into a multi billion dollar business, with only a high school diploma to his name. I hate the guy but I absolutely respect the fuck out of him. He was set up to fail basically from birth, but he just keeps winning and there's no sign it will end any time soon.
eddie-hearn-and-dana-white-64afdedf54918.jpg

' with only a highschool.diploma... ' PLUS VERY VERY RICH FRIENDS
<BC1>

Look, like most of you I'm not a Dana White fan. He does lie a lot and mistreats many fighters with his ruthless tactics.

Every week it seems there's a handful of injuries that threaten to destroy a card, but here comes Dana to plug the holes and keep the ship afloat.

This man has been doing this shit for 22 years and seems like he's doing it better than ever.

Every year I hear people say "UFC dead". But nope, end of year roles around and UFC reveals that it just had a record year for profits.

You can hate Dana but you also have to admit he's a fuckin beast when it comes to running the UFC business.

I don't think people understand just how unique of a job Dana has and how hard it is to pull this off. Yeah it's a "business" and he's the CEO and president, but his employees are batshit crazy individuals who chose to get punched in the head for a living. Go manage a McDonald's for a few weeks and allow yourself to stew in the chaos, now try to imagine that instead of a 15 year old girl with pimples who pops Xanax you have to try to manage the likes of Tony Ferguson, Conor McGregor, Jon Jones, and every other sociopath that has ever fought under the UFC banner. That's why I doubt Hunter can truly replace Dana. Hunter went to business school which is useless in a business like this. Dana got a perfect education for this business on the streets of Boston.

Remember, none of this was ever supposed to work. When Dana and co. took over the helm in 2001 the UFC was banned in almost every state, the US gov wanted to ban it, and even PPV was considering cutting ties. Dana took an absolute shit hole situation and turned it into a multi billion dollar business, with only a high school diploma to his name. I hate the guy but I absolutely respect the fuck out of him. He was set up to fail basically from birth, but he just keeps winning and there's no sign it will end any time soon.

' with only a highschool.diploma... ' PLUS VERY VERY RICH FRIENDS
<BC1>

It would do just fine. If anything, he's a bit of a nuisance at this point.

They’d be fine. There’s a reason they have guys like hunter Campbell in place to fill the void should he need to go for whatever reason. There’s no way they’d let their company structure be reliant so much on him that it would crumble without him. The ufc brand is so strong now, it doesn’t need Dana to survive. But he’s still helpful to it obviously hence why they’ve made sure he’s happy to stay through all these transitions

It's the fighters that do the fighting which adds value to the brand. Without Dana I would imagine better valued brand and higher market value as more money would flow to the fighters.

Dana is really good at attracting foreign and local investment. I'm sure there are enough people on the committee that provide guidance and anyone of those would be able to do what Dana does, but probably do it alot more professionally and integrity for it's employees.

It's the fighters that do the fighting which adds value to the brand. Without Dana I would imagine better valued brand and higher market value as more money would flow to the fighters.

Dana is really good at attracting foreign and local investment. I'm sure there are enough people on the committee that provide guidance and anyone of those would be able to do what Dana does, but probably do it alot more professionally and integrity for it's employees.

I think they'd be fine but that would be a HUGE loss

Honestly wpuld be hard to find another that cares as much about the product. Dana is douche no doubt. But he built the UFC from niche cage fighting few watched to a sport that's brought boxing to its knees. You're never going to find another with as much invested n cares as much. He's a stingy dick but he did likely do more for the sport than anyone .

Depends on what happens next. Most likely it gets corporatized to the point no quick decision can be made and any personality is removed from the fighters. The UFC is not woke enough for 2023, that changes when Dana leaves.

No multi billion dollar business is dependent on one man - UFC is no exception.

Dana White would be missed nad not forgotten - but the UFC machine wouldn't slow down for one second.

This lol.

There's whole teams that actually run all the different parts of the UFC. Dana is just a figurehead. He's not out there doing the matchmaking and shit. You reckon he's wasting time sitting down and matching up prelim fighters and the like? Not a fucking chance.

If Dana left tomorrow, the UFC wouldn't stop for even a second. They've had other people in management roles step in when to do Dana's job at the pressers and stuff when Dana can't make it, and they do the job fine. One of them would step in until they took Dana's job completely or someone else was hired.

He actually gets way too much of the credit for everything he is involved in. The UFC would either just get another roided loudmouth to be a spokesman or maybe they actually just behave like a professional sports organization.
like pride where there is fix fights and steroid abuse
like other mma orgs that is so far behind the ufc?

too easy for you to say that
if that was easy other org had done it already
no your opinions sounds bs

As soon as whoever replaces him starts talking,we just all find other shit to watch,like Rugby or something

It wouldn't.

Hunter Campbell has been groomed for years now to step in if or when Dana left.

I feel like you either didn't read or comprehend what I wrote. Or else you are simply ignoring my point. I never said Dana cared about UFC operating like a sport. I said his not caring is still MORE caring than the rest of the TKO team. In case you have a hard time putting that concept together - these were the seminal parts:

I am NOT saying Dana wants the UFC's version of MMA to appear like a legit sport. I am saying he wants it to appear MORE like a legit sport than most of the TKO execs give a shit about. This is just comparative between him and the rest of the TKO exec team. This is not an absolute statement - it is a comparative one.

I know we hate Dana, but I can NEVER understand what give sherbros faith in the respect level of the rest of the TKO team for "the sport" of MMA. What have they done to make you think they respect MMA or fighters or fans more than Dana does??? I never understand this ridiculously naïve hope. What am I missing?

So I ask again - what am I missing? Why do fans think that when Dana leaves the TKO execs are going to bring in some kind of renaissance of respect for the sport? On exactly what are they basing this faith in the TKO execs?

What am I missing??

Youre still claiming Dana white respects someone or cares about a sport. Neither things are true. I think youre missing your own point. And now it isn't 'more than someone's he doesn't fucking care at all.

Back