How painful was it when you got a new belt?

Zel

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't know how it went for you, but halfway through there I kinda wished I stayed a white belt!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pS0LzN61YuQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pS0LzN61YuQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

This is so much better than the typical "I got my blue" thread. I think they should all be like this from now on.

(and congrats.)

congrats.

BTW in my school the higher ranks that were there before you get to throw you, but my promotion was late and I got my belt with 2 stripes, so nobody that was there outranked me, and I got off easy :)

that looked like it sucked :icon_chee

congrads man how long have you been training?

lol, you actually walked through it...i know ppl who just run right through...

congrats :D

About a bit over a year, but I trained a lot in the last 2 months like 5 times a week. Did good in a competition so I got the belt

Yeah I walked through it because I saw other people get lashed and it didn't look that bad! However as soon as the first one hit me I realized how wrong I was

didn't get whipped so it wasn't that painfull... the party afterwards was crazy though since alot of us got promoted to our next belts. Went out together and got shitfaced... Definately was in pain the next day...

Fortunately no belt whipping at RGA: sparring results in quite enough pain, so that's fine by me.

Congrats on the belt!

I wonder how many martial arts instructors approve of that behavior...

At the least ,white belts should have been hand shakers.

I wonder how many martial arts instructors approve of that behavior...

At the least ,white belts should have been hand shakers.
Have you never seen this done at a BJJ academy before? I'm not trying to be a dick and if you don't train BJJ then my bad, but I was under the impression that it was a fairly common thing.

oh yeah and congrats TS :D I'm only a 3 striper but I've gotten to whip a few guys since I started, I took it fairly easy in hopes that when I get promoted I won't get it from them too bad lol

sorry to take over this thread but thought I'd post this
"Graduation

A common custom on graduation is running the gauntlet. The graduate is hit on their bare back with belts&#8212;once by each of their fellow practitioners&#8212;as they walk or run past. This custom is said to have originated in Brazil.[20]"
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back