How painful was it when you got a new belt?

I walked the gauntlet without the gi top when I got my purple last year. Pretty painful. 6 times through.

Congrats to the TS

Good work man and I agree that new belt threads should be like this!

lol, you actually walked through it...i know ppl who just run right through...

congrats :D

its always a walk at my clubs, if you try and run, peopl just block your path and your made to do it again.

Congrats to the T/S, there were two guys that got Blues today at my club, whippings and congrats all round. I enjoyed the whipping I got and I enjoy the whippings I give, I makes me contemplate my BJJ and their journey along the same path.

how come no one was wearing a gi?

congrats.

I want to get whipped when I get my belt but I dont think it is going to be policy at my school. I guess we'll see...

Nice!

We get thrown around like a ragdoll when we get promoted, rather than belt whipping, the whole class lines up and takes turns throwing you.

Good times, but when i got promoted everyone laughed when i said "damn i never realized how big this class was" haha.

You took the whipping like a champ though lol.

Haha, thanks for the comment. No one is wearing a Gi because that was 2 days after our club came back from a competition, instead of having a class we had a party at the club, and we did promotions there. Everyone was told prior to bring their belts for some lashing.

Me it's when I was about halfway through it that I started thinking "Wow this is wayyy too many people!!". Before that I was like "Yeah this ain't a thang"

I also walked through...and when I get my purple... I will run as fast as I possibly can because i regret it. I had a date the next day, and it was difficult to explain to her why i had welts everywhere.

Nice!

We get thrown around like a ragdoll when we get promoted, rather than belt whipping, the whole class lines up and takes turns throwing you.

Good times, but when i got promoted everyone laughed when i said "damn i never realized how big this class was" haha.

Same where i train, you get thrown by everyone who got your belt color before you did. I'd rather have that then the gauntlet. Throwing is way less painful lol

Same where i train, you get thrown by everyone who got your belt color before you did. I'd rather have that then the gauntlet. Throwing is way less painful lol
Out of curiosity, who do you train under? And who did he train under?

And yeah it's supposed to be higher belts but we let the white belts do it too..good practice for them. haha.

When i did JJJ that was the custom also, it was normally the uke's that got to throw you, since you have been throwing them all day, they get a chance to pay you back, and would normally opt for high amplitude sacrifice throws just to make it count... so i dunno about being less painful than a belt whipping.

Getting my brown belt wasn't bad, because Mr. Jim Bregman was there and everyone played nice.

My Green belt on the other hand...well lets just say we call it the pain belt for a reason.

At the school I'm at right now, they do they belt lashings and then everyone who outranks you gets to throw you. so it's the best/worst of both worlds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back