How often do you guys train and condition?

"When you guys get up to 5x a week do you still do cardio or are the class workouts enough? "

I'm really interested in the answers on this one, so if people could give their opinion on it.

Typical week of training in the summer for me would be about 8-10 classes, with one day of cardio/lifting, and one kick boxing class. Gi and no gi training ia pretty evenly distributed.

Too all the people who train more than once a day, how do you have the energy!

Mainly you get used to it, but you also need to train smart. A couple of my BJJ sessions are more drilling focused with not as much intense rolling. I also keep my weight lifting sessions short. For example on my leg days I only do 3 work sets of squats and only one of those sets is all out and I keep the assistance exercises under 4 sets in total, so I am in and out of the gym in 30 minutes when I lift weights.

I am currently training BJJ 8 times a week and lift weight 2 times a week. Since our gym schedule has changed a little bit I am going to add 2 days of week on conditioning also and see how that goes.

whats your reason for training 8 times a week? Also, how many days were you training before you trained 8 days a week, and do you feel its insanely increased your game?

Back