How often do you guys train and condition?

greenarrow

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys. I usually go to judo 3x a week and lift weights on the 2 alternate days and then do 1 day of cardio and one rest day. But now I'm looking to do some cross training in BJJ so I was going to start with one BJJ class a week but keep the judo at 3x a week. Something like Monday BJJ, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday Judo. I'm just wondering how often you guys lift weights and do cardio when you're training 4 and 5 times a week? Do you do it on the same days as class or do you try to alternate? When you guys get up to 5x a week do you still do cardio or are the class workouts enough? Thanks

There is no problem with two-a-days, if you're body is feeling up to it. Start slow, make sure you eat well after your first workout, nap if you can- that's my program.

Does eating twinkies on the couch count as training if the kitchen is far down the hall?

this semester ill be lifting sunday monday wednesday and doing bjj tues thurs friday and maybe saturday if im feeling super motivated

I like to do 2 workouts a day if my schedule permits. But for the evening workout to be successful, I need 10-12 hours between workouts. So I'll lift or run early in the morning & then BJJ at night. My goal is to get 4 days of BJJ per week.

For weights, I'm doing Wendler's 5/3/1, 4 days a week. I'm running 2 days a week & taking 1 day off. I have 2 kids, work, etc. so I can't stick to the schedule perfectly, but here's my target:

Mon AM weights (SOHP), PM BJJ
Tue AM Run, PM BJJ
Wed AM Weights (Deadlift), PM BJJ
Thu AM Weights (Bench), PM BJJ
Fri AM Run
Sat AM Weights (Squat)

I am currently training BJJ 8 times a week and lift weight 2 times a week. Since our gym schedule has changed a little bit I am going to add 2 days of week on conditioning also and see how that goes.

I train BJJ Monday morning, then cardio at night.
Weight train Tuesday afternoon, BJJ at night.
BJJ Wednesday morning, cardio in afternoon. Then BJJ again later that night.
Weight Train Thursday afternoon, BJJ at night.
Cardio Friday afternoon, BJJ every other week on this day.
Weight train Saturday afternoon.
BJJ Sunday afternoon. Then eat and no other activities the rest of this day.

All together Cardio 3x a week and weight training 3x a week. BJJ 6-7 times per week.

i lift three times a week. monday wednesday and friday
i do bjj 4 times a week, monday to thursday

i lift in afternoon and train in the eveining... as long as you take like an hour or two nap in between you will be fresh when it comes time to roll

I usually train 2 or 3 times a week bjj. Lift weights once and run once a week. Can't really do much more. I'd swim and roll more if I could.

Wow, some of you guys are nuts. I train BJJ 3-4 times a week, weight train twice a week. Yoga once a week. I couldn't imagine training BJJ 7-8 times a week! I don't do any training on Sundays.

BJJ - 4x a week
no conditioning yet and will have to start lifting 1x a week. And try to hit cardio 7x a week. This is my goal..

this semester...once a week

****ing grad school -_-...i'm going to try for two though

I train 6 times a week, sometimes 5. I try and lift 3 times a week. Works good for me, I tend to really sleep well on the weekends.

Too all the people who train more than once a day, how do you have the energy!

To the guys that lift weights 2-3-4 times a week and train BJJ a similar amount at similar times: don't your muscles feel worked/tired in BJJ class?

Either you're lifting wrong (i.e. not doing enough damage to the muscles fibres) or just not sparring in BJJ class.

In all, anywhere between 9 - 13 sessions / week

BJJ: 5 - 7 sessions a week; 2 no-gi (M and W nights), 3 - 5 gi (M and W morning & T and F night) Sat is open gym so whatever I feel like I need to work on... usually no-gi

Muay Thai: 3 sessions a week; M and W nights, Sat

Conditioning: 1 - 3 sessions a week (T and TH mornings on my own with weight training and conditioning routines) (Sat conditioning class similar to "crossfit")

I train bjj about 5-6 times per week, 1.5-2.5 hours a day. I also lift weights 5 days a week+cardio training about 3 times per week.

Back