How much will Silva's surgery affect his ability to kick?

It dependes of the person...

I broke my right fist's punching a wood plate... Today I punch way more harder without fear...

The point is his mentality... Because maybe his leg will be even stronger...

Breaking your hand and snapping your shin bone are completely different in terms of psychologicaly and physical pain. Fighters break their hands all the time and it's no big deal.

If Silva's can't utilize his low kicks on Diaz, it's going to be long night for him.

Diaz boxing is deceptive and he will light up Silva if he stands in front of him.

Diaz was basically flash KO'd by Paul Daley. Diaz went down in a face plant.

Diaz is a volume striker and Silva is a sniper. Silva puts guys out with one well placed shot.

This is probably going to be a boxing match.

Breaking your hand and snapping your shin bone are completely different in terms of psychologicaly and physical pain. Fighters break their hands all the time and it's no big deal.

Depends who it is, how severe the break is ('broken hand' is a loose term that means nothing to the medical community), and how badly the guy with the broken hand wants it.

Guys like Faber and Fedor will still come after you like the the Terminator after a severe break.

Guys like Vitor might flop to their butt and let an undersized Japanese chain smoker kick them in the legs for the rest of the fight.

Unless he's got some lingering fear of breaking it again it should be even stronger than before he broke it. The break will have calcified stronger than it originally was and he has a titanium rod still in the leg.

He should be just fine.

As much as the 300000 other threads said it would.

I think he will look great mainly because Diaz is tailor made for him to look great.. Diaz is not that hard to hit and Silva has that pin point timing.

People are overlooking Diaz, the man did retire Frank Shamrock, and with Silva's injury, and obviously slower reaction time, Nick has a great chance to win this fight.

He's going to go right after Silva,...none of this holding back like a lot of what Silva's opponents have done before.

It actually increases his kick strength

If Silva's can't utilize his low kicks on Diaz, it's going to be long night for him.

Diaz boxing is deceptive and he will light up Silva if he stands in front of him.

LOL...Anderson can not kick and have one hand tied behind his back and still outbox Diaz. Nick has good boxing...but he also has huge holes in his striking game that counter that. Anderson will eat him alive.

I think he will still throw a plethora of kicks. It's the diaz's weakness afterall

He will probably be VERY hesitant on throwing kicks which MIGHT(dount it though) give Diaz an edge. I guess we will see.

more of a mental than physical tbh

I've had a broken bone injury that peaks up years after it happened. Silva's leg was snapped in two. I find it hard to believe it'll be exactly the same 13 months later.

Physically: Doesn't make a difference.
Mentally: We've yet to see.

And that's alle there is to it.

It doesn't make a difference? You know nothing about orthopaedics so don't make comments like that.

I've always thought of Silva as more of a boxer.

He has great knees, and fantastic boxing for an MMA fighter.

His kicks are good too, but I think he can beat lots of guys without them.

It doesn't make a difference? You know nothing about orthopaedics so don't make comments like that.

You know nothing about what I know about orthopaedics.

But it's true, I only know what I read online. And what I've read regarding this is that a bone is just as strong as before when healed.

Not saying that is the one and only truth, it's just what I've read. Feel free to correct me.

The screws inserted into the bone are always going to be harder than the bone, the strength of the metal weakens the bone over time which apart from infection, is the main reason why people have multiple reconstructions. There would be very few Drs recommending kicking hard things after a reconstruction like Silva's, it's a lot more than psychological.

Back