How much will Silva's surgery affect his ability to kick?

sgtpepper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Now that he has a metal rod inserted into his leg, will this have an effect on his ability to throw kicks with it?

Will it make things worse or better?

Physically: Doesn't make a difference.
Mentally: We've yet to see.

And that's alle there is to it.

Anderson mentioned once that the trauma of that incident was hunted him from time to time...Wait and see.

It will make me wince when he throws his first kick with that leg. Amped for his return though.. Anthony Joshua's fighting that night too 👌

It'll be mentally. I don't know how it wouldn't mess with his head, at least until he throws a few.

If Silva's can't utilize his low kicks on Diaz, it's going to be long night for him.

Diaz boxing is deceptive and he will light up Silva if he stands in front of him.

It dependes of the person...

I broke my right fist's punching a wood plate... Today I punch way more harder without fear...

The point is his mentality... Because maybe his leg will be even stronger...

Yep, Silva without kicks would be an easy night for Diaz

If Silva's can't utilize his low kicks on Diaz, it's going to be long night for him.

Diaz boxing is deceptive and he will light up Silva if he stands in front of him.

Say he doesn't utilise leg kicks because of a mental block, what makes you think that means he will just stand in front of Diaz.. Silva has great boxing with relies on footwork and angles

? If all silva had was one arm he probably still beats him.

Zero. His bone will be as strong as it ever was. The only hurdle will be mental and that's a big one.

Silva said that's the most pain he ever felt in his life. Every time he throws a kick he's going to be reminded of the pain and the possibility of it happening again.

I broke my ankle once and it took at least 3 years before I really trusted kicking, jumping and treating it like it had never broken. The brain's a motherfucker as Rogan would put it.

I cant see how the commission would let a person with a metal rod in his leg compete. Seems like an unfair advantage to me. assume it was a artificial Knee. Ya know the kind that are made from titanium. Id think that the knee would become more of a weapon than a normal knee made from bone. what about if a fighters hands were reinforced with metal rods, would that be alright also?

I cant see how the commission would let a person with a metal rod in his leg compete. Seems like an unfair advantage to me. assume it was a artificial Knee. Ya know the kind that are made from titanium. Id think that the knee would become more of a weapon than a normal knee made from bone. what about if a fighters hands were reinforced with metal rods, would that be alright also?

Many fighters hands are reinforced with them

It gives the fighter absolutely no advantage. The rod is very small and inserted into the bone. The bone still takes the impact, not the rod

Didn't he get a titanium plate put in?

Many fighters hands are reinforced with them

It gives the fighter absolutely no advantage. The rod is very small and inserted into the bone. The bone still takes the impact, not the rod

I wasn't aware of the fact that many fighters have metal rods in their hands. Still cant see how it gives them "absolutely no advantage" Consider this, Fighter breaks his hands regularly in sparing and in fights. He gets his hands fixed via metal rods inserted. Now his hands don't break as much. seems like an advantage to me. they use metal for a reason. its stronger than bone and helps reinforce the healed bone. in Andersons case he has a leg that's reinforced with metal. he may not have an advantage when he kicks but does the metal in his leg give him an advantage he didn't have before the metal was inserted? id say that if his leg is stronger now with the metal than it was without its an unfair advantage. id be cool with the metal if it was removed prior to the fight. in this case you'd have two fighters neither of which has metal imbedded in their bodies.

I wasn't aware of the fact that many fighters have metal rods in their hands. Still cant see how it gives them "absolutely no advantage" Consider this, Fighter breaks his hands regularly in sparing and in fights. He gets his hands fixed via metal rods inserted. Now his hands don't break as much. seems like an advantage to me. they use metal for a reason. its stronger than bone and helps reinforce the healed bone. in Andersons case he has a leg that's reinforced with metal. he may not have an advantage when he kicks but does the metal in his leg give him an advantage he didn't have before the metal was inserted? id say that if his leg is stronger now with the metal than it was without its an unfair advantage. id be cool with the metal if it was removed prior to the fight. in this case you'd have two fighters neither of which has metal imbedded in their bodies.

You have very little understanding of medical science.

You have very little understanding of medical science.

So maybe you can explain how metal inserted in a bone has no effect, Doc. Just saying that I don't understand doesn't carry much weight. why would it be used if it had no benefit? they don't fix bones with wood do they?? I wonder why?

Back