How much money does the UFC really want from us?

Sorry for the long ass post, man. I don't expect you to read it, I ranted A LOT in this one and have an issue with ranting in a lot of posts, I'm sure you and everybody else noticed that, lol. I like making for real discussion/conversation and get carried away a lot, but it's whatever, I like my long posts, damn you all!!

Hmm, yes, I see.

I never really noticed, as I already said. Still, I never saw the point of them going on so many different channels.

It was so much better when they would have some prelims on YouTube and Spike. I miss when they had prelims on YouTube and I think YT was probably the best way for them to go if they wanted more viewers.

There's more people on YT than there will be on those random ass channels, at least I'd think so. YouTube is one of the biggest sites in the world, one of the biggest sites ever. If they had some good marketing and were able to get their link on the front page of YouTube in the sports section or something like that, they would probably get TONS of viewers.

I'd think they would get more viewers on there than they would on TV because a lot of people don't have those channels, but almost everybody owns a computer and uses YouTube. Computers are one of the biggest businesses in the world, very few things are at its' level.

The part in the spoiler is pretty off-topic, I'm basically just ranting, but meh, it's whatever, just trying to make for conversation, I guess. I'm in a talkative mood tonight since I'm no longer sick.

The only thing I can think of that is bigger than computers is the illegal (as well as legal) drug business. A lot of people don't realize how big of a thing drugs are in terms of money in our world. It's huge, it brings in more money than literally everything else in the world. Some may find it hard to believe, but it's the truth. That's why the 'war on drugs' is complete bullshit.

The government does not want drugs off the street. They do raids/busts and they might take some of the drugs and burn it/get rid of it, but they also pump it back into the street. Money keeps us humans from tearing the world apart, basically.

Money keeps our world spinning. Just imagine if we went into another depression. Drugs are way too big of a business for the government to ever want destroy it. And no matter what they do, they will not win that war. They won't even come close. Drugs are the real devil. Drugs are the real superpower in this world, excluding the banks of course. The banks actually do own the world, I think that's pretty obvious, ye?

Another thing I can think of is the oil business. I'm only saying that because some of the richest people in the world work in the oil industry, lol. You don't fuck with the oil industry!

Back on topic - I think the UFC should've stayed on YouTube. Maybe I'm wrong and they were doing horribly on there in terms of viewers/ratings, but again, if they marketed it right and got peoples' attention on there, if they found a way to appeal to the casual crowd and basically just random people who go on YT, they may have done a lot better on there over time compared to any TV station, who knows.

And not just that.. I just miss it when it was on YT because it made things a lot simpler for us. Every time I watched the fights on YT, the stream was absolutely perfect.

/random ass rant

I think the point was that they signed a deal with Fox and Fox wanted to use the UFC as the lynch pin of its two brand new sports networks. I find it hard to believe people really have that much trouble figuring out what channel things are on.

I think the point was that they signed a deal with Fox and Fox wanted to use the UFC as the lynch pin of its two brand new sports networks. I find it hard to believe people really have that much trouble figuring out what channel things are on.

Well, I never followed any of it. I never paid any attention to what channels they were on because any time an event is on, I do what most hardcore and loyal fans do.
I use a trusty online stream. This is what the real fans do, obviously.

Now they're just exclusively on FOX, FS1 & FS2, as I now know. It makes it a lot easier that they're on just these 3 stations instead of these 3 plus FX and Fuel (both ended in 2013 as I have just learned). The names of the channels or whatever are basically the exact same, owned by the same company, so it's easier to follow.

But before they switched exclusively to FOX, I had no clue what channels they would really be airing on. It didn't make a difference to me because I don't watch it on TV unless it's actually on FOX (I don't have FS1 or 2), so. Now that they're on just 3 channels, it's easier. Unlike before when they were on 5 different stations at the same time and thankfully stopped doing this in 2013. I can't believe I only just learned these things now. I seriously did not know that Fuel and FX died, lol.

Well, I never followed any of it. I never paid any attention to what channels they were on because any time an event is on, I do what most hardcore and loyal fans do.
I use a trusty online stream. This is what the real fans do, obviously.

Now they're just exclusively on FOX, FS1 & FS2, as I now know. It makes it a lot easier that they're on just these 3 stations instead of these 3 plus FX and Fuel (both ended in 2013 as I have just learned). The names of the channels or whatever are basically the exact same, owned by the same company, so it's easier to follow.

But before they switched exclusively to FOX, I had no clue what channels they would really be airing on. It didn't make a difference to me because I don't watch it on TV unless it's actually on FOX (I don't have FS1 or 2), so. Now that they're on just 3 channels, it's easier. Unlike before when they were on 5 different stations at the same time and thankfully stopped doing this in 2013. I can't believe I only just learned these things now. I seriously did not know that Fuel and FX died, lol.

They were never on these three plus FX and Fuel. When the Fox deal first started they were on Fox, FX and Fuel. Then Fox launched FS1 and FS2, and the UFC cards shifted from FX to FS1 and from Fuel to FS2 (actually I think Fuel became FS2, while FX stayed its own channel).

Before they went with Fox, they had cards on Spike and Versus. There was also some other random channel that prelims would occasionally be on.

tsn shows all the fs1 events and i dont pay extra for it, i also get fight network and i dont pay extra for it. i do have fight pass and i pay for the ppvs that i want.

I'm paying nothing but I'm watching everything, you need to up your game TS.

I don't pay for any of it either and haven't paid for an event since GSP/Condit, so we're playing the same game, ese. I've only ever paid for 3 PPV's.

What's messed up is one time I bought a PPV off the UFC site (Cain/Lesnar event) and the stream was FUCKED! It was one of the worst streams I've ever tried to use in my MMA-online-streaming-viewing-career.

So I had to go use a free stream and that one worked perfectly. Isn't that ridiculous? a random ass illegal stream works perfectly but the one I paid like 50 bucks for on the official UFC site was complete trash. It wasn't my internet, either, it was their stream because the free one was literally perfect.

Next time I see Dana im giving him $20 just because.

You should give it to him and tell him to go buy a Philly cheese steak at Geno's, but squeeze in a couple 'you fat fuck' and 'goof' a couple times just like he does to everybody on Twitter.

we get it cheap in NL because no one watches here

What time does it air over there? I think it's on in the UK around like, 1-6 AM or something, I could be wrong - so if it is, I'm guessing it's on around the same time for you in NL?

That's a shitty ass time, though. I would never stay up to watch the fights at that time unless Conor was fighting, or one of the Diaz bros. I wouldn't stay up for anybody else. Unless I chose to sleep for a little bit before the fights came on so I'll be good all night until morning. Still, I really just don't like being up around those times, I don't like sleeping during the day. Something about sleeping at night.. it's just.. it's just right. I hate sleeping during the day.

Except PPV's have been in the neighborhood of $50-60(60 for HD) for the last several years. That's nothinig new. It's like complaining about the price of frozen tv dinners. Nobody is forcing you to eat those over making some real food, just like nobody forces you to pay for a PPV, especially with other, cheaper, and sometimes better options available.
Hey man I'm not really complaining it is what it is. Ive bought every ppv since UFC 110. Trust me I've forked plenty of money over to them. In a way they do force me by putting on killer fights haha

UFC used to be on Facebook, Spike, and PPV.

UFC is now on Fightpass, FS1, Fox, and PPV.

They had a short time where they were on extra channels, but it is back under control now.

If you live in America, being a UFC fan is very expensive.

I honestly think it hampers the growth of the sport when high school kids need to convince their parents to spend $70/month to watch the UFC. There are occasionally some good fights on cable and four a year on free, network television, but we all know the best fights most frequently land on PPV and it would be next to impossible to follow the sport if you weren't watching the 13 major PPV events throughout the year.

Ideally they can include update their over-the-top product with something like 'Fight Pass Plus' for $30/month that includes all of the PPV events.

What time does it air over there? I think it's on in the UK around like, 1-6 AM or something, I could be wrong - so if it is, I'm guessing it's on around the same time for you in NL?

That's a shitty ass time, though. I would never stay up to watch the fights at that time unless Conor was fighting, or one of the Diaz bros. I wouldn't stay up for anybody else. Unless I chose to sleep for a little bit before the fights came on so I'll be good all night until morning. Still, I really just don't like being up around those times, I don't like sleeping during the day. Something about sleeping at night.. it's just.. it's just right. I hate sleeping during the day.

Yes its about the same (1 hour difference) and I don't have a job atm so I have no issue staying up lol, the most boring time here is the morning so I don't mind sleeping through that lol

I got fight pass.
I dont have cable.
I dont watch every event live.
Ill go to the bar for the big ones i want to see.
Ill stream a fox event if i really want to watch.
Whatever i miss,itll end up on fight pass eventually.

I dont think the ufc expects or cares for every fan to pay for every event. There are too many.

Plus..who has the time to see every ufc event live even if they were ALL free? not me,thats who.

Not all of them are worth making that time for,imo.

If you live in America, being a UFC fan is very expensive.

I honestly think it hampers the growth of the sport when high school kids need to convince their parents to spend $70/month to watch the UFC. There are occasionally some good fights on cable and four a year on free, network television, but we all know the best fights most frequently land on PPV and it would be next to impossible to follow the sport if you weren't watching the 13 major PPV events throughout the year.

Ideally they can include update their over-the-top product with something like 'Fight Pass Plus' for $30/month that includes all of the PPV events.
I follow very well and haven't watched a PPV for years. I can wake up, get on the computer, and watch the highlights from the night before. I'd like to watch more, but honestly have too many things to do through the day to stay up half the night watching TV.
Other than the opportunity to watch live, I'm not missing out on anything.

I found my limit. Fight pass gets me all the content and at $10/month it's worth it to me. I order a ppv occasionally. My wife and I still have cable for one more year, but we are going to get rid of it once our contract expires. So maybe 200-250 at most per year. I set that as my limit. Its more than I spend on watching the Steelers, Pens, and Pirates combined, but to me it's worth it.

As much money as they can make and not a penny less

Yes its about the same (1 hour difference) and I don't have a job atm so I have no issue staying up lol, the most boring time here is the morning so I don't mind sleeping through that lol

It still sucks to have to stay up to that hour to watch some fights, though. I don't have a job right now either because in the worlds of Mickey Goldmill, I'm a bum like Rocky Balboa.

The main card for PPV's start at 10 PM here (Canada) and the main card for UFC on FOX starts at 8 PM, so I can't complain, they're perfect, really.

If I were you, I'd just sleep for a few hours before the fights so I'm not tired af while watching them, and once they're done I would just go back to sleep. Either that or I'd just skip the event entirely depending on who's fighting and just watch it later.

Back