How much money does the UFC really want from us?

BloodMoney.jpg

If you're gonna put FX & fuel on the list you forgot UFC on spike & versus TS get it together lol

If you are a true fan who watches everything, it could easily cost you over $1,000 per year.

If you're gonna put FX & fuel on the list you forgot UFC on spike & versus TS get it together lol

I didn't even realize that FX & Fuel died, lol. I have never actually paid attention to any of the channels the UFC was on for the longest time because I don't pay for any of them and haven't ever since they switched from Spike.

I haven't heard about Versus since Jones almost elbowed Vera's eye out of his head and that was in 2010, lol. How did you even remember that station? they haven't had anything on there since Cruz fought DJ which was Oct 1, 2011, lol, it's been forever.

I think Versus might have turned into Fuel TV because 'Versus' only goes up to 6, and when I write in UFC on Versus 7 it just brings me to a Wiki page for UFC on Fuel TV 7 Barao/McDonald.

I didn't even realize that Fuel died out, though. Their last event was 2013 Werdum/Nog. I never pay attention to what channels they're on because I have/had none of them except for FOX, so I honestly thought they were still on Fuel and FX and all that.. lol.

Until they are bigger than soccer!

It's quite possible they will be bigger than Soccer very soon, neighbourino!

Remember what Dana said: "The UFC is neck and neck with Soccer on a global basis!"

This means between 750 million - 1 billion people tuned in to watch a live UFC event at one time!

tumblr_inline_mvns87tg4k1rql7h5.gif

Last edited:
Until Dana can drive around in a gold plated Bentley!
Can't expect him to be satisfied with the $300,000,000 he is worth already.

I work for DirecTV so I get all of them(except fight pass and ppv) as part of my job. For DirecTV FS1 comes in pretty early on the packages. It's in the Entertainment package which is $59.99 per month IIRC regular price. That is the first package that ESPN 1 and 2 come in on. As a "you didn't hear it from me" think you shouldn't be paying full price for your package.

I didn't even realize that FX & Fuel died, lol. I have never actually paid attention to any of the channels the UFC was on for the longest time because I don't pay for any of them and haven't ever since they switched from Spike.

I haven't heard about Versus since Jones almost elbowed Vera's eye out of his head and that was in 2010, lol. How did you even remember that station? they haven't had anything on there since Cruz fought DJ which was Oct 1, 2011, lol, it's been forever.

I think Versus might have turned into Fuel TV because 'Versus' only goes up to 6, and when I write in UFC on Versus 7 it just brings me to a Wiki page for UFC on Fuel TV 7 Barao/McDonald.

I didn't even realize that Fuel died out, though. Their last event was 2013 Werdum/Nog. I never pay attention to what channels they're on because I have/had none of them except for FOX, so I honestly thought they were still on Fuel and FX and all that.. lol.

Fuel was turned into FS2. There hasn't been a UFC event on there in a while. There used to be prelims there, but those got moved to FS1. Versus is now NBC Sports Network.

At this rate I'm going to have to take out a second mortgage or borrow money from loan sharks or a pay day loan to watch PPV and UFC cable channels. I sound poor.

I wouldn't complain at all if PPV's were only like 30 bucks a month. 10 bucks a month for Fight Pass is more than reasonable, I just think the PPV's are a little to much.

Fox Sports 1 and especially Fox are standard on almost all cable packages. Soooo, that's basically free. Even if u don't have FS1 standard, it's like $1.29/month.

Fightpass is $10/month.

You know bout them ppvs

I wouldn't complain at all if PPV's were only like 30 bucks a month. 10 bucks a month for Fight Pass is more than reasonable, I just think the PPV's are a little to much.

Except PPV's have been in the neighborhood of $50-60(60 for HD) for the last several years. That's nothinig new. It's like complaining about the price of frozen tv dinners. Nobody is forcing you to eat those over making some real food, just like nobody forces you to pay for a PPV, especially with other, cheaper, and sometimes better options available.

I'm not sure, I haven't given the UFC a dime since UFC 100

Next time I see Dana im giving him $20 just because.

Fuel was turned into FS2. There hasn't been a UFC event on there in a while. There used to be prelims there, but those got moved to FS1. Versus is now NBC Sports Network.

Sorry for the long ass post, man. I don't expect you to read it, I ranted A LOT in this one and have an issue with ranting in a lot of posts, I'm sure you and everybody else noticed that, lol. I like making for real discussion/conversation and get carried away a lot, but it's whatever, I like my long posts, damn you all!!

Hmm, yes, I see.

I never really noticed, as I already said. Still, I never saw the point of them going on so many different channels.

It was so much better when they would have some prelims on YouTube and Spike. I miss when they had prelims on YouTube and I think YT was probably the best way for them to go if they wanted more viewers.

There's more people on YT than there will be on those random ass channels, at least I'd think so. YouTube is one of the biggest sites in the world, one of the biggest sites ever. If they had some good marketing and were able to get their link on the front page of YouTube in the sports section or something like that, they would probably get TONS of viewers.

I'd think they would get more viewers on there than they would on TV because a lot of people don't have those channels, but almost everybody owns a computer and uses YouTube. Computers are one of the biggest businesses in the world, very few things are at its' level.

The part in the spoiler is pretty off-topic, I'm basically just ranting, but meh, it's whatever, just trying to make for conversation, I guess. I'm in a talkative mood tonight since I'm no longer sick.

The only thing I can think of that is bigger than computers is the illegal (as well as legal) drug business. A lot of people don't realize how big of a thing drugs are in terms of money in our world. It's huge, it brings in more money than literally everything else in the world. Some may find it hard to believe, but it's the truth. That's why the 'war on drugs' is complete bullshit.

The government does not want drugs off the street. They do raids/busts and they might take some of the drugs and burn it/get rid of it, but they also pump it back into the street. Money keeps us humans from tearing the world apart, basically.. pathetically.

Money keeps our world spinning. Just imagine if we went into another depression. Drugs are way too big of a business for the government to ever want destroy it. And no matter what they do, they will not win that war. They won't even come close. Drugs are the real devil. Drugs are the real superpower in this world, excluding the banks of course. The banks actually do own the world, I think that's pretty obvious, ye?

Another thing I can think of is the oil business. I'm only saying that because some of the richest people in the world work in the oil industry, lol. You don't fuck with the oil industry!

Back on topic - I think the UFC should've stayed on YouTube. Maybe I'm wrong and they were doing horribly on there in terms of viewers/ratings, but again, if they marketed it right and got peoples' attention on there, if they found a way to appeal to the casual crowd and basically just random people who go on YT, they may have done a lot better on there over time compared to any TV station, who knows.

And not just that.. I just miss it when it was on YT because it made things a lot simpler for us. Every time I watched the fights on YT, the stream was absolutely perfect.

/random ass rant

Last edited:
I'm paying nothing but I'm watching everything, you need to up your game TS.

I get Fox, FS1 and FS2 in my cable package. I order PPVs when I think it's worth it. I order less than I used to, mostly for lifestyle reasons, but I still order when there's fights I really want to see. I don't have Fight Pass.

Back