How much can Ronda Rousey benchpress?

The Tank video was known to be fake promotional material.

As for the whole thread, it doesn't matter, she may not even bench at all, there are a ton of people who can lift more than fighters their own weight it isn't going to matter in a fight.

But if those A level lifters learned mma they would probably own the fighters.

Brock lesnar had less than a year of training and won the ufc title. Now there have been equally skilled Collegiate or olympic level wrestlers that have not been able to come close to the title.

Brock was obviously way stronger than anyone who he fought in the cage.

But if those A level lifters learned mma they would probably own the fighters.

Brock lesnar had less than a year of training and won the ufc title. Now there have been equally skilled Collegiate or olympic level wrestlers that have not been able to come close to the title.

Brock was obviously way stronger than anyone who he fought in the cage.

Bubbles-Is-Uncertain-About-The-Situation-Needs-Some-Time-On-Trailer-Park-Boys.gif

It's almost 90%.

Men's record for 231 pounds is 640. You think there is a LHW in the UFC that can do 575?

Women can get pretty strong though, it's true. But I doubt Carmouche was benching teh 225x6

With bench press shirts it's much higher but I don't think that's important

Since we're talking bench pressing, I always gotta drop this video. It's not relevant to the subject but man it's awesome. Heck even the spotter is awesome, and the head judge is no other than the greatest powerlifter of all time, Ed Coan.

For the record, Liz carmouche doesn't bench 225 x 6, willing to bet my life on it.

Agreed. I've been a gym rat for over a decade. I've never seen a girl hit 225 lbs for 6. And I've seen girls legitimately squat 350 lbs and deadlift 405lbs, both for reps (although these girls are hardcore power lifters on a plethora of drugs), and I guarantee these women are FAR stronger, with respect to lifting, than Carmouche or Ronda.

The reality is simply that women are not physiologically constructed to bench press big weight.

I anticipate Ronda could not bench 185 lbs for reps and in fact might struggle to hit 155 lbs for 6 with good form.

*That 13 year old girl in the Dana Lynn Baily video hitting 240 lbs is a freak of nature (despite a very small range of motion in her lifts) and should not be used as a measure for what Ronda may or may not be able to do.

*As an aside, anybody know what Dana Lynn Bailey (the attractive dark haired roid monster with the green tee over her shoulder hugging the 13 year old at the end of the video - the "Flag Nor Fail" chick) herself presses?

Last edited:
100 for 15 reps is very believable. That puts her max around 160 or so. That puts her around the level of a lot of elite female athletes who aren't powerlifters or weightlifters.

In and of itself though, her bench press numbers wouldn't do much to maker her a better fighter.

Thanks for the post. I read it after the above comment. I agree. 100 for 15 makes sense.

I also agree that it is fallacious to suggest her bench numbers have any bearing on what she can do as a fighter.

I remember a training video of her power cleaning 135 for ten reps like it was nothing. If there's any consistent correlation between the two motions I'd guess her bench maxes out at around 175

Indeed, very highly unlikely. This would make Liz Carmouche close to an elite female powerlifter (ie people who are not drug tested for their sport at all, and who only train big compound lifts). The women's record at 132 lbs is a 300 lb bench press.

225 x 6 assumes a roughly 260 lb max bench. ie 87% of the world record. That would be like telling me there's a fighter in the 205 lb division who benches 500 lbs (87% of 575, which is between the 200lb and 220lb totals for men). I'm not buying that shit.

Well Tank didn't fight at 205 but just for fun here is Tank Abbott benching 600.

Agreed. I've been a gym rat for over a decade. I've never seen a girl hit 225 lbs for 6. And I've seen girls legitimately squat 350 lbs and deadlift 405lbs, both for reps (although these girls are hardcore power lifters on a plethora of drugs), and I guarantee these women are FAR stronger, with respect to lifting, than Carmouche or Ronda.

The reality is simply that women are not physiologically constructed to bench press big weight.

I anticipate Ronda could not bench 185 lbs for reps and in fact might struggle to hit 155 lbs for 6 with good form.

*That 13 year old girl in the Dana Lynn Baily video hitting 240 lbs is a freak of nature (despite a very small range of motion in her lifts) and should not be used as a measure for what Ronda may or may not be able to do.

*As an aside, anybody know what Dana Lynn Bailey (the attractive dark haired roid monster with the green tee over her shoulder hugging the 13 year old at the end of the video - the "Flag Nor Fail" chick) herself presses?

Gott damn, a 13 year old girl doing 240. :eek:

Ronda has stated that she doesn't do any weight training, and never really has.

She uses body weight and resistance training to achieve functional strength, as opposed to beach muscles.

here's a video of her - ass off the bench 225 x 1.5

[YT]-RyA9QucBoA[/YT]

Atleast 2 benches, depends on which species of bench you're referring to, northern europe benches are quite solid but not much weight.

here's a video of her - ass off the bench 225 x 1.5

[YT]-RyA9QucBoA[/YT]

Didn't touch chest so doesn't count. I don't really care if there is a pause at the bottom but touching the chest with the bar is non negotiable.

Just wondering if a number has ever been confirmed. Give a good gauge on whether she could take men of her size.

Benchpressing gives a good gauge a whether she could take of men of her size ????

Lmao hahahahah this is typical Shertard mentality here. Will remember when a thread asks me about stupid shit you hear on here.

If Carmouche can bench 225 lbs for 6 reps, I think that Ronda can certainly bench morr than that

i can tell you know nothing about bench press so don't say certainly. carmouch is a better build for bench pressing than rhonda considering their similar weights. and i doubt carmouche is doing full range of motion on those 6 reps. if im wrong, thats very impressive on her part.

Benchpressing gives a good gauge a whether she could take of men of her size ????

Lmao hahahahah this is typical Shertard mentality here. Will remember when a thread asks me about stupid shit you hear on here.

might give a better indication than we know atleast, considering men her size who are also professional fighters. im thinkin dillashaw can max like 245 with good form. id estimate rhonda is 185 at best. but if she could magically do 245 or some where around there id like her chances against a ufc 135er...

Well seeing as there is a vid of Tank actually benching 600 which i linked in my post you don't have to buy anything.

Which is why I am lead to believe if a bear guzzling semi-pro fighter can do it y not others.

everyone knows that 600lb bench press wouldnt pass for an official lift at a meat. thats how maxes are accurately measured. still tho tank could do 500+ im sure for good form if he can bounce 600 of his chest.

Back