How much better do you think Conor would be if he moved camps?

His ego wouldn't handle getting beat up all over the corners of the gym to improve

Not much - he would quit, leave and go back to SBG because he likes being the best fighter in the gym and not actually get pushed. But those habits were ingrained him from a kid so no camp would help.

I'm not sure

SBG seems like a great environment for him

Kind of late in career for any major changes

Who knows, maybe the confidence the “yes” men in his gym gave him during his run gave him the ju-ju he needed to capitalize on fight nights..... its really hard to say.

Edit: getting smashed at practice at a place like ATT probably would have cut through his confidence since he is an ego fighter

He's one of the smartest fighters in the game. His game plans aren't bad, there's just nothing one can do against Khabib

Considering his whole camp is a bunch of yes men probably. Conor will never fix his flaws because of his pure arrogance, delusions and his camp a bunch of yes men. He will go out there, look spectacular on the weekend everyone will ride him then the next durable guy he fights he’ll get worn out and lose again. He can change camps all he wants but his attitude and bad habits stop him from elevating to the next level

You mean like to champ level or something? Could you imagine if Conor was good enough to become a champion?

I don't think he's ego could handle being surrounded by other stars

He's in his 30s; he is who he is, as a fighter, at this point. You can only weaken his strengths by devoting too much time to strengthening his weaknesses.

An intelligent reply.

A rare occurrence in these neck of the woods.

i think he would be leaps and bounds better. the problem for him, and his current image, is that he can't be seen as someone who looks weak. that is, he makes money off being this big badass who can do no wrong. the minute he goes to a different gym or team, will be the moment people say that he was wrong, and that he always needed help. i think conor is stuck between making money with his image, yet realizing that he needs others to help him improve. he needs to make a decision pretty quickly, if he wants to preserve his current image, regardless of what takes place. or he chooses to really improve. we'll see.

Significantly better.
But he has no work ethic.

Also, I don't think he is good anywhere outside FW class.

Probably worse. Move to the other side of the world, leave your country and family. Look what happened to Joanna.
Joanna didn't have a choice. There were a few incidents and she had no gym in Poland to train at.

In some ways Conor might do the same. Not sure where he would end up then. TriStar or ATT I assume. It would not be good unless he moved his whole life. Can't see it happening.

You mean like to champ level or something? Could you imagine if Conor was good enough to become a champion?
Could you imagine if he made it to the next level and got some title defences under his belt. Use ur brain matey I hate the guys guts but he is an elite fighter who has dominant champion level but never achieved it

How much better could Conor be is the question? Only lineal male champ-champ ever is pretty impressive no matter how you look at it. Sure, he lost to Khabib, but after he made a hundred million dollars and developed a drinking problem. And even then, could any gym make him beat Khabib? Unless he grew up in Iowa or Iran wrestling as a toddler, he would not be able to beat Khabib where Khabib is good. Dustin is a higher belt in BJJ, trains at one of the most respected gyms and got destroyed way worse than Conor.

Moving to a big camp didn't help Joanna, it's not a cure all.

Back