How much better do you think Conor would be if he moved camps?

EXOICHO

PRIDE
@Black
Reaction score
If Conor trained at ATT, Tristar or Jackson's, do you think his game would evolve significantly?

It seems like most people think he would be a lot better. Honestly, I'm not sure. I think Firas would be a great coach for McGregor.

It would help to make him more well rounded. i don't think there is much doubt about it.

It might make him more conservative though, and I want no part of that.

Won’t make a difference, once a bum always a bum.

Why fighter bash like that?

I'm not even a fan. I hope Cowboy wins. You're just trolling trying to piss of Conor fans. Way too much of that BS on this site.

Considering his whole camp is a bunch of yes men probably. Conor will never fix his flaws because of his pure arrogance, delusions and his camp a bunch of yes men. He will go out there, look spectacular on the weekend everyone will ride him then the next durable guy he fights he’ll get worn out and lose again. He can change camps all he wants but his attitude and bad habits stop him from elevating to the next level

Considering his whole camp is a bunch of yes men probably. Conor will never fix his flaws because of his pure arrogance, delusions and his camp a bunch of yes men. He will go out there, look spectacular on the weekend everyone will ride him then the next durable guy he fights he’ll get worn out and lose again. He can change camps all he wants but his attitude and bad habits stop him from elevating to the next level
I played tennis competitively a lot, and what I learned is that some people just perform better when their coaches tell them they are doing great even though they are not that good. Similarly, some guys need a coach that will be rude with them and aggressive to really excel in the performance. I think Conor is just one of those guys that needs that extra but of fake confidence from his team to push himself through.

Ik it’s a big difference comparing a ball sport and a sport that causes CTE, but the oersonalities are the same.

Exactly six times better - no more, no less

People would try to hurt him at a big camp

It's better that he's at a yes man camp, because of who he is

His fight IQ is pretty damn good, im not sure his gym isn't already doing a great job with him.

I played tennis competitively a lot, and what I learned is that some people just perform better when their coaches tell them they are doing great even though they are not that good. Similarly, some guys need a coach that will be rude with them and aggressive to really excel in the performance. I think Conor is just one of those guys that needs that extra but of fake confidence from his team to push himself through.

Ik it’s a big difference comparing a ball sport and a sport that causes CTE, but the oersonalities are the same.
I see what ur saying but somewhere the line has to be drawn. There was a jui jitsu coach in there telling him he was out boxing Floyd half way through the fight .... or telling him he’s in control of khabib and he just shot his best chance. Like I know he thrives off confidence but come on the guy just pounded u, knocked u down and laid on you for 5 minutes straight and u can’t think of some advice to say other than “you’re defending well”

My experience has been the same. Myself, I prefer coaches/people to tell me how it is...no BS.

I do think it provides an insight into the mental strength of an individual though. There is a difference between a positive atmosphere and a weak mentality. Coaches should never be "shitting on" an athlete. That is wrong and counterproductive. Conversely, an professional athlete should be able to take constructive criticism and be coachable.

He's in his 30s; he is who he is, as a fighter, at this point. You can only weaken his strengths by devoting too much time to strengthening his weaknesses.

Probably worse. Move to the other side of the world, leave your country and family. Look what happened to Joanna.

I find it hilarious that half of this site seems to genuinely believe he isnt a great fighter already because of their emotional issues concerning the guy. You need not be a fan to avoid being a complete moron.

I just hope he works on his wrestling and jits. so far, he has been a one trick pony.. his striking is (was) the best in the game, its just unfortunate that he has not that much else too offer at the same level.

If his ego can't be left at the door and he can't allow himself to be grinded and recorded so he can study mistakes rather than admire how good he looks while doing spinny sh!t no gym change will help him...

Firas will turn him into a complete fighter.

Jackson will turn him into a lay and prayer.

I don't think he'd benefit from a move. He has a pretty unique style, that most people if not everyone in his camp is probably used to. He has a specific mentality that would take some getting used to. He has years of trust built up with his coaches that you can't just hit reset on and pick up with a new camp. If he was a wrestle boxer I'd say tristar, if he was more of a traditional kickboxer I'd say jackson wink, but I think Conor would do better to bring in guys to supplement what he already has rather than start from scratch to cover the 10% of his game that's lacking.

Back