How much beer do you consume in a year?

About 30 - 40 beers per year.

I don't drink much anymore. In my twenties & thirties, I used to go through about a case, a case & a half of beer every weekend in between fights. But once I had kids I slowed all that down. Then, when my first wife & I split up I drank heavily for a while but then I calmed down again after a year or so.

These days? I drink maybe a case of beer a year. Probably less. Though last weekend I spotted this brand in our local Safeway & decided that I had to have it. But I only drank three & the rest are waiting for the next time I feel like having a couple. Which might be this weekend or it might not be for a couple of months.

large_39461286-e6e8-449c-9c23-98dbe01592f6.jpg

3-7 x beers a day x 5 days x 52 weeks
This was about what I used to drink. Definitely not healthy. Drank high dollar ales which hover between 7-14% ABV. Usually only four bottles per day but sometimes many more on a weekend.

Quite alcohol this year and have more energy, less ambition.

I’ve cut down A ton in my old age. I try to not drink more than once a week and even then, won’t drink every week. Couple of 24s?

I have been sober for two years but I could easily drink like 60-80 cans per week so maybe an average of 4,160 cans per year.

Nowhere near enough to be on Sherdog, that's for D@mn sure.

I'm guessing approximately 1 L total lifetime.

Every once in a while I'll try it to verify that my tastebuds haven't changed that much and it's still about as appealing as piss.

I'm primarily a social drinker so once the pandemic hit I basically stopped drinking. Have lost 25 lbs over the last 6 months just by monitoring my diet and no booze. Basically, beer is terrible for you.

I've gone through about 3 sacks of barley so far this year.

So that makes approximately 350 litres worth of beer.

I didn't drink all of that, I give a lot away, but I sure had the lion's share of it. I've drunk other beer than my own too.

Also, that's a lot less than previous years. I really slowed down about 18 months ago.

I'm guessing approximately 1 L total lifetime.

Every once in a while I'll try it to verify that my tastebuds haven't changed that much and it's still about as appealing as piss.

How often do you try piss?

I consumed a lot of beer when I was binging on drugs and alcohol basically My worst binge was about 4-5 months ago. I got arrested in November for possession which got eventually dismissed thank god but I fell into a deep depression while everything played out. I have a pretty wealthy family and I'm pretty well off myself so money was never an issue when it came to drugs. Where I live it's on the water in predominantly white hoity toity area so the drugs are stepped on and pretty shitty. Well when I was growing up I lived with my mom til I was 14 and she was a drug addict and we lived in impoverished areas of Houston that were mostly black and mexican areas so most of my friends were black or mexican....long story short I stayed in contact with a few of them and always had my "hood pass" as they called it which meant I was always welcome in the bad parts of town and @Uncle Bruce can attest that there are some really shady areas of Houston.

Well I'll call him Big C....he was apart of a gang in Houston called "Houstone" that had Cartel connections and a very violent reputation but we were always friendly, we'd goto Rockets games and shit and hang out and it'd be cool. Well Big C also was a big supplier of Cocaine on the SE side of Houston....he got the best shit you could get in the city no bullshit before he processed it down to sell it. He usually used the pure stuff to cook it and the rest to cut down to sell it, well since we were boys he'd sell me the shit right off the brick (kilo) and it was the rawest shit I had ever had....well with me being depressed and jobless at the time and fighting a case and having nothing but time I spent basically all my time alone in my condo doing blow, playing video games, fucking around online, going out at night and getting drunk at night, and then using my xanax prescription to come down at night. Eventually I built up a tolerance to the xanax so I had to take more for it to be effective....

In a way it seemed like I was trying to kill myself, I was mixing a shit ton of cocaine...I was going through a "7" every 2 days 7 grams aka 2 eight balls on top of alcohol and xanax. Alot of people fuck with me about my PTSD or whatever but I am service connected disabled for PTSD and TBI throught the Army as well as the VA from my time in Iraq and Afghanistan. They just don't give you 100% ratings without documented evidence of you being fucked up. I try to make the most of life, but that was the scariest time of my life, but with the support of my family and friends and getting into support groups and getting sober it's really helped me see the light and I'm back on track and sober and happy with no cravings or inkling to ever want to touch the shit again....sorry for the long post lol I'm bored and can't sleep.

I would say 2-3 tall cans a week in the summer. Maybe 1 a week in the spring/fall and none in the winter. My primary drinks are whiskey and wine.

Back