How Miesha Tate should handle this.

Inabox

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
She should just retire. She has hit her glass ceiling. Even after winning a number 1 contenders match she doesn't get the rematch. She most likely never will. Just retire.

She should do the exact opposite of what Fitch did.

Why retire now when she can get really sad, seek counselling, get prescription meds, gradually recover, build her confidence back, get motivated, train hard, strengthen her relationship with her boyfriend, believe she can beat Rousey, become laser-focused, get beat Amanda Nunes after taking a severe beating, finally get a title shot against Rousey, train even harder, become even more focused, fight Rousey get KTFO and become the laughing stock of internet haters everywhere, THEN sink into permanent depression and retire?

Much more fun and dramatic that way.

She should just retire. She has hit her glass ceiling. Even after winning a number 1 contenders match she doesn't get the rematch. She most likely never will. Just retire.

1. Working to be the best is a huge part of what drives any competitor. For all but a very few, it is not the only factor involved in their career.

This may come as a shock to you, but Miesha Tate gets paid to fight. It is how she pays her bills. I don't think she has a college degree and I don't think she has learned a trade. Fighting is her best option when it comes to making money.

I am willing to bet Tate makes a lot more now than she did early in her career. She is one of the best known female fighters. She probably stands to make good money over the next few years of her career.

Being champion again is probably Tate's greatest ambition, but it is far from the only reason she fights professionally. So when considering retirement, not getting this title shot is far from a forceful reason to retire.

2. You make quite a leap when you conclude that Tate will probably never get a title shot. The public is not quite ready for Tate-Rousey 3, and Holm-Rousey has a short window of viability. The UFC clearly would love to get Cyborg to fight Rousey for the 135 title as well.

Outside of those two fights, and Nunes after another strong win, Tate is well positioned to get another shot at Ronda. She needs another good win and a little bit of luck with timing.

Like i said she just hit the glass ceiling. Now is she fighting to be the champ and the best in the world? Or is she fighting because she likes fighting? If her goal is to be the best her dean is over. She is young and attractive. There are other ways for her to earn a living. Retirement from the sport in this situation makes sense.

She should fight Cyborg at catch-weight. She'd make some money and has nothing to lose.

She should retire? You understand this is her career right?

She isn't some billionaire doing this to kill time.

She should give the UFC the biggest fuck you ever by persuading them into letting her fight Cyborg and then go outwrestle Cyborg for 3 rounds and while talking to Rogan say hey UFC fuck you for taking my title shot after I beat Jessica Eye and you promised it to me, I just ruined your biggest money fight oh and by the way I am retiring and walk off!

2. You make quite a leap when you conclude that Tate will probably never get a title shot. The public is not quite ready for Tate-Rousey 3, and Holm-Rousey has a short window of viability. The UFC clearly would love to get Cyborg to fight Rousey for the 135 title as well.

I'd much rather see Rousey/Tate III than Werdum/Cain II.

UFC has fucked Miesha.

First the Reebok deal sees her losing 55-60k per fight, according to Miesha and Carraway a couple of months ago.

Then she is promised a title fight and then Zuffa reneges on it.

If she quit the sport, she would deprive that division of one of its only two bankable names.

Have to wonder whether it's still financially worth the head trauma.

She should get in the ring of her next fight and sit down and tap with in the first 5 seconds. Fuck the UFC for screwing her over. She should just pull a Wanderi and speak the Truth about how they are fixing fake fights and creating fake superstars to sell PPVs.

She should give the UFC the biggest fuck you ever by persuading them into letting her fight Cyborg and then go outwrestle Cyborg for 3 rounds and while talking to Rogan say hey UFC fuck you for taking my title shot after I beat Jessica Eye and you promised it to me, I just ruined your biggest money fight oh and by the way I am retiring and walk off!

That would be genuinely hilarious. Can you imagine Dana's face?!

The correct choice is for Meisha to make a superfight with Cyborg at 140.

If she can pull that off then she makes some real cheddar and has a claim to accomplishing something that Rousey wouldn't (market as - was afraid to) do.

Then she rides into her 3rd fight with Rousey with some real media attention and rakes in the cash.

I'd much rather see Rousey/Tate III than Werdum/Cain II.

To each their own. I detest immediate rematches in almost every case. But Werdum and Cain is a far more intriguing match up in my eyes than Rousey-Tate.

I think Tate could beat Rousey under the right circumstances, but Rousey is clearly the better fighter of the two. Werdum and Cain are two of the best MMA HWs ever, and while I favor Werdum, it is entirely plausible that Cain smashes him this next time around. I think Arlovski ought to have gotten a shot first, but Cain-Werdum 2 is a good fight on paper.

The correct choice is for Meisha to make a superfight with Cyborg at 140.

If she can pull that off then she makes some real cheddar and has a claim to accomplishing something that Rousey wouldn't (market as - was afraid to) do.

Then she rides into her 3rd fight with Rousey with some real media attention and rakes in the cash.

I like the way you think, but I doubt very much that the UFC allows it.

Meisha vs Davis, Zingano, Nunes and Kufman are all competitive fight why should she retire? JDS got owned twice by Cain, retirement should not be an option.

Back