How many times

Can you say the same thing about this card, the sphere, the manlets....
Im sorry that there's not enough fat sweaty men on the card for ya.

Jesus Christ superstar already.
We get it the card sucks to you, but you dont have to watch it, nobody is making you pay nor stream it.

How many times have y'all complained about a card and it ended up being a damn good card?
A lot trust me.
Can we at least watch the fuckin thing BEFORE shitting on it maybe?

I love you guys but man do you know how to beat a dead horse.

View attachment 1062523

beat-dead-horse.gif

We get it the card sucks to you, but you dont have to watch it, nobody is making you pay nor stream it.

How many times have y'all complained about a card and it ended up being a damn good card?
A lot trust me.

View attachment 1062523
It's the Sherdog way, bruddah.

Kill a horse, then just keep beating it. I'm thankful, for a week or two there's been more threads whining about the sphere than Jones/Stipe, at least got a little variety now lol.

I just don't understand why the card for Mexicans is not only unaffordable for most Mexicans to attend, but it is also not headlined by any Mexicans, and it is not in Mexico.

It isn't a complaint so much as a real mystery for me. I'd love to understand the thought process behind it.

The card itself is your standard ufc card these days.
What exactly is “affordable to Mexicans”? Is it priced appropriately for white Europeans? What does that even mean??

I just don't understand why the card for Mexicans is not only unaffordable for most Mexicans to attend, but it is also not headlined by any Mexicans, and it is not in Mexico.

It isn't a complaint so much as a real mystery for me. I'd love to understand the thought process behind it.

Because it's just weak pandering and they don't actually care.

What exactly is “affordable to Mexicans”? Is it priced appropriately for white Europeans? What does that even mean??
Do you think all across the world everyone is making the same amount of money? Mexico is basically a 3rd world country so people there probably have less disposable income.

Kill a horse, then just keep beating it. I'm thankful, for a week or two there's been more threads whining about the sphere than Jones/Stipe, at least got a little variety now lol.
I think Dana's vision to put on a live sporting event in The Sphere (it was not designed for that) really is incredibly avant garde.
I applaud his decision to do so because he knew it'll be very expensive to pay for everything and technically difficult and many other reasons but.... You gotta say the man has balls (and the money!) to do it and now we're all about to see the results of the planning and the many millions. (around 20million it's reported).

I personally think the UFC will do another live event in the Sphere. Maybe once every 2 or 3 years. They have 34 corporate sponsors for this event and most were "7figures" and the Saudis must have paid like 10 mill or more, PLUS ethe gate receipts are allegedly 23 million. Plus ESPN money, plus PPV money.... Must be close to 100million in probable gross revenue.

And it will undoubtedly have a "halo effect" on the UFC in general purely due to the unusual venue and high-tech audio and video and all the additional eyeballs and $$$ that will bring from people and businesses that would not normally watch MMA.

Personally I think it's borderline genius for UFC to do it, both from the immediate business payoff perspective and the longer term halo effect of building the UFC brand in general.

And just to add to the confusion they have an oil Sheikh sponsoring an event that’s supposed to be a big Mexican celebration. I’m excited for the fights tonight but this whole thing makes no sense.

Sherdog:
8136dc13-58cd-4156-bd6a-08bc3c49b2b8_text.gif

In all seriousness though, I think there's a point about how a sense of stakes matter in a fight. People want to see fights that matter and even if the low level fights are all bangers, it feels empty if they don't feel like they matter at all. This has been the problem with the ESPN era and just filling out cards.

Do we need to complain every other thread? No. But I can understand how so many want to go back to the 2009-2012 UFC days.

giphy.gif

Fair enough, but ffs it just gets old after the 4-5 session of flogging it sir lol

A lot trust me.

View attachment 1062523
The Canelo cards better.

😂

Sherdog:
8136dc13-58cd-4156-bd6a-08bc3c49b2b8_text.gif

In all seriousness though, I think there's a point about how a sense of stakes matter in a fight. People want to see fights that matter and even if the low level fights are all bangers, it feels empty if they don't feel like they matter at all. This has been the problem with the ESPN era and just filling out cards.

Do we need to complain every other thread? No. But I can understand how so many want to go back to the 2009-2012 UFC days.

giphy.gif

I have no issues with the card, Poatan can't fight every weekend, Jon Jones is a douche, what are they supposed to do exactly?

I get what you're saying but at some point bitchin about it has the opposite of the intended effect.
If people want 2009-2012 they can go watch those years on Fight Pass, costs like 7 bucks a month.

When I miss PRIDE I go watch a shit load of it and get my fill, and then I come back to reality.
If there was a better option we'd all be doing it, but even if there was a better option I think these cats would still find something to yap about it sir.

Much love to you and your family btw, we don't get to chat enough.

Last edited:
People do what they do. It's not the best card but i'm not losing sleep over not being treated to the finest gladiators on the planet.

The sphere is a product of modern innovation. It has the potential to become one of the world's main wonder. People from around the world will sacrifice everything to see it. I don't see why anyone would not appreciate it.

Back