How many rounds do you train at the end of class?

we do an hour and a half of drilling technique and 5 rounds (usually 6 minutes) with a one minute break in between.

Usually do 30-45 minutes worth of rounds. I don't know how long they are. One class, we just did 90 minutes of sparring, and instructor said the rounds were shorter, at 5 minutes.

Depending on the class we will do 4 or 5 five minute rounds. Some classes we just do positional sparring for 15/20 minutes alternating partners and roll normally in open mat.

Depends on the class. If we're just doing "rounds" then it's about 4, six-minute rounds. Sometimes we take a couple of those out and do a king of the hill kind of thing. In our old advanced class we didn't really do rounds, we just went until submission, sometime 20+ minutes, or sometimes did 10 minute matches. I think it's not always good to limit your ability to being able to perform in a given span of time over and over.

Before Worlds we'd do 3 rounds of 10 min and 2 more of 7 min. When no big tournament coming up usually 4 or 5 rounds at 6 min

Haha I love how once the instructor says its time to roll everyone gets all excited and shit :icon_lol:

Gi class is an hour and a half altogether. 15 mins warm up, 25 mins of drilling guard passing for the top guy, and bottom guy can only drill sweeps. If you pass you stay and move to bottom, if you get swept you go to another guy and try to pass. Then 20-30 mins learning and drilling 3-4 new techniques. Then we roll as many 5 minute rounds as time allows, generally 5-6, I try not to sit out more than 1 round. No gi we do similar except don't do the passing/sweep drills and only train 2-3 techniques.

We have to do 2 five minute periods. I usually like to do a third if I can get someone to roll with me. I prefer getting my instructor for the third roll because it's the best challenge and I'm pretty tired by then.

In wrestling we usually go three two minutes periods with two minutes of jogging between each. Then all the different stages of OT.

Last hour of the advanced class at my school is nothing but rolling. 5 minute rounds going on for close to a full hour.

5 6 minute rounds usually then maybe a roll or two after class.

We usually go 4-5 rounds of 5 mins each. The instructor pairs people up to get people to roll with a variety of people. This is followed by open mat. Some people keep rolling, some continue to drill.

Last night was a surprise. As we were rolling, the instructor turned off the clock. As my partner and I were rolling, we noticed we were going for longer than usual and looked up at the clock, which read "00:00". At this point, it dawned on us that we were in the situation of definitely having to win by submission. Needless to say it cranked up the intensity a notch for both of us. :)

most often we roll between techniques, we frequently have sparring classes aswell

otherwise at the end of class king of the hill guardpass and position (back or pin) or sweep and position or submission

If we set a timer, it's usually six 5-minute rolls, but we rarely set a timer. Sometimes, you'll roll with someone for 5 - 10 minutes, then roll with someone else, etc. Sometimes, you'll roll with the same person for 30 - 45 minutes. Just depends on what you're goals are that night.

In the different courses i've been to it was :

Warm up/drills/technique/randori.

Sometimes we have some guard passing exercises before or after the technique.

Our courses last about 2h, so we've got about an hour of randori, and most of the time they last 10 minutes.

Back