How many people here have been knocked out training?

GerardSmith7

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I haven't personally, but i've almost been knocked out two times. Shit started to get really cloudy once when I caught a knee to the head. Another time I stepped into a left hook and my legs buckled. I have been put out of commision once with a body shot though.

On the Smashing Machine video, there is extra bonus footage of Bas Rutten KOing Ricco Rodriguez during training, it is hilarious!!

I myself have also been nearly KO'd in Bjj

I was KO from a slam in training. Me and my coach was practicing and he got a double leg on me and put me down pretty damn hard. My head bounced off the mat and I was out for at least 40 seconds.

I got a concussion once during wrestling practice in high school. I was out on my feet for about an hour and a half.

I got choked out by a friend of mine during judo practice (again in hs). I turned right around and knocked him out. :)

Twice, I got slammed wrestling freestyle, I was out for a good two minutes. The second one wasn't really a knockout. I was training and my partner kept catching me in a triangle choke. He told me if I got caught again, I was goin out. Sure enough, he caught me again, and I woke up with him standin over me. Gettin choked out leaves you with a wicked headache.

I was caught with a left hook from my sparring partner that knocked me out . I spun around and when my knee hit the matt I woke up and threw twoo left jabs in the air. I had no clue what had happened. It looked reall silly.

I was never knocked out in the training. But one time I was smashed on the ground like Randleman did it with Fedor and I couldn

I've been dazed or out on a my feet a few times, but never waking up later. I got a nasty concussion from one fight and another concussion banging my head on a celing.

I have only been chioked out a couple of times, and I got my nose crushed. I didn't black out, but it wasn't a picnic either.

Never been KO'd in training and never been KO'd in a ring or cage full stop.

Cool stuff, since I started this thread I got concussion the other night boxing, but I still haven't went out. I think it was a slight concussion I couldn't see outta my left eye for a couple of hours.

i never been ko, although I was headbutted and received a combination of hooks from the spanish greco roman Champion, 6'4 and 250 pounds, i did not went down, but lost eye control and after the fight I started throwing up
I was out from a rear naked choke, woke up with people surounding me and asking me shit.

i never been ko, although I was headbutted and received a combination of hooks from the spanish greco roman Champion, 6'4 and 250 pounds, i did not went down, but lost eye control and after the fight I started throwing up
I was out from a rear naked choke, woke up with people surounding me and asking me shit.

I train mma and 4 of the guys I train with have a fight coming up in the next couple of weeks. So of course they have had to step up their training and we have had to start going harder. Anyway one of the guys, who has been training for about 5 years, and me were sparring. We started on our feet, I picked him up and slammed him pretty hard, next thing I knew he rolled me and had full mount, before I could move he pounded the side of my head about 5 times, of course it did not KO me but it hurt pretty bad. I sparred with 4 other guys, a total of 8 or 10 times, 4 min rounds. When I got through I was so sore and I realized I had gotten my tale whooped about 6 times. So I did not get KO but got my butt whooped. I guess it is to be expected as long as some of them have been training. It has been 4 days and I am still sore. LOL!!!!!

My BJJ instructor got me in a triangle choke and I refused to tap out because I'm a tough guy genius and apparantly the brain needs oxygen to function. I woke up and I thought I was late for school and my mom was slapping me around. Turns out I hadn't been in high school for 7 years and it was my BJJ instructor "waking me up". The bad part is I was glad I got choked out and was not late for school. Good times had by all.

I sparred a professional boxer and he knocked me out. I got right back up and finished the round like a pimp.

Back