How many of you truly enjoy HARD sparring?

D

DKM76

I can't say that I do, but I do it more of out of obligation for training.

hard sparring is great. i just love that my partner and i hold nothing back.

spar like you fight. fight like you spar.that's how we did it in a boxing club i used to go too.

When grappling, I like to spar real hard, but not with knees and elbows and that shit!

I like it cuz it lets you know where you are at. I like all levels of contact cuz they all teach you something different. Light contact is good for working on movement and when youre trying to teach someone stuff. Medium contact (or just full to the body) is good most of the time , and you need to go all out every once in a while to simulate the fight.

I love it!!!!! Its great for testing what youve learnt

Right before it I always had some excitement and stress. After it, it's all happiness....

I dont like hard sparring because when i get hit, i tend to lose it a bit, i become a relentless hitting machine. I prefer to go slow and develop technique, because i know i can unload at any time without problem.

Another reason is that im quite fragile and im afraid to always break something, so i like to hold back.

Hard sparring can be lots of fun when you are with a partner around your skill. It's never fun to get pounded on by someone a lot bigger then you or above your level, but it is necessary.

as long as you increase your sparring difficulty with your experience it is good (and I think very fun), but if you are going to hard to early you may just be wasting your time brawling and not practicing what you have learned.
As for getting mad when you are hit, as long as your opponent is only going as hard as he is supposed to, then him hitting you is just his way of telling you to watch your guard, remember to doge, ect.

Ayin said:
as long as you increase your sparring difficulty with your experience it is good (and I think very fun), but if you are going to hard to early you may just be wasting your time brawling and not practicing what you have learned.
As for getting mad when you are hit, as long as your opponent is only going as hard as he is supposed to, then him hitting you is just his way of telling you to watch your guard, remember to doge, ect.

Yeah but you know how things are, you put a little more power because you see an opening, you retaliate, it escalates, then its a war...im sure everybody has gotten in that situation at least once. Note that this happens a lot with new partners mostly, were 3 alternating each round and we know each other pretty well, then a new guy comes, hits hard, you tell him to slow down, he doesnt, boom its on.

Johnny2 said:
Yeah but you know how things are, you put a little more power because you see an opening, you retaliate, it escalates, then its a war...im sure everybody has gotten in that situation at least once. Note that this happens a lot with new partners mostly, were 3 alternating each round and we know each other pretty well, then a new guy comes, hits hard, you tell him to slow down, he doesnt, boom its on.

This is the reason I don't spar with friends too often - there's always ego involved.

Nothing like getting that shot to the body that you try to fight through and act like you aren't phased, but it ends up catching up to you anyway. Or seeing your buddy walk sideways after you land a clean blow to his head. Only in moderation though.

Hard sparring is good but i hate when its against somone with an ego. We dont alow punches to the head in sparring at my dojo but its always someone that is getting beat that decides to try and take your head off with some wild hooks b/c they cant handel being beaten.

Apart from this yea its good and very usful in developing good realistic skills.

Eduardo R. said:
Hard sparring can be lots of fun when you are with a partner around your skill. It's never fun to get pounded on by someone a lot bigger then you or above your level, but it is necessary.

Exactly! I sparred a HARD 10 minute round with Hayato "maha" sakurai last week (muay thai rules). He knocked the wind outa me with a back kick and punished my legs. Fun shit though!

i like it here and there, only with people my level, i hate just being beaten down

Eduardo R. said:

yup, agreed

Don't know what to say, I just like pain.

Back