how many have kept fighting with a broken orbital bone

Eddie Alvarez broke his eye orbital and nose in the 1st vs Giblert and went on to win decision. He also blew his nose causing his eye to swell (like Cowboy vs Ferg), still fought to decision and won
54ln.gif

Anthony Pettis broke his eye orbital vs RDA and lost a 5 rd decision
usa-today-8447103.0.jpg

Koscheck vs GSP is the worst I can remember.. Broke it in the first round, and GSP never stopped jabbing at it... Agony.

11_St-Pierre_Koscheck15.jpg

And he was stuck in Canada because he couldn't fly for like 3 weeks or something due to the air pressure if I remember right. Messed up.

And he was stuck in Canada because he couldn't fly for like 3 weeks or something due to the air pressure if I remember right. Messed up.
It was fitting justice post-Daley... First of all there was getting him cut, then that speech where he he was all "YEAHHHHH that's what's gonna happen to GSP... And the **** are gonna lose next week too... YEAHHHH" at Canadian fans specifically to piss them off on preparation for the fight - then he gets stuck there as public enemy number 1...

josh-koscheck.jpg

I loved to hate Koscheck. He's the last truly great heel in MMA. I miss him.

Jon Fitch also got his eye broken vs GSP...

0a55b6b2a79052c007a7457dd6c7dd7f.jpg

Brock also broke Heath's in the first seconds of their fight, and it went to a decision.

tumblr_mejdeuXKaY1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

heath-herring-ufc73_original.jpg

That head kick he landed obliterated most of Yoels skull. That shit was fucking awful. Unironically hardest shot of the fight.
The head kick didn't break anything.

What broke his orbital was a jab.

How many had their orbital bone broken by multiple shoulder strikes standing, with no attempt to defend, dodge, or adjust?
How many expected to get blasted by shoulder strikes in the clinch in the middle of the octagon? It’s hilarious how fans think somehow it meant he wasn’t trying. He was literally stunned. Shit happens.

I suffered a cracked orbital over my left eye courtesy of a sneaky right elbow that followed a right hook from my opponent in my second to last pro fight. It also busted open a cut that nearly stopped the fight but the ref & the ringside physician let the fight go on because there was only one round left. I was ahead on the cards but I lost the final round because I could hardly see my opponent. Plus he was a fucking southpaw so everything was coming from his right side & landing on my left which hurt like hell, believe me. Every time he landed a shot it felt like getting hit with a hammer in the face.
The fight wound up being a draw. And, afterward, my cornerman got into a shoving match because he was pissed at my opponent for fighting so dirty. Meanwhile, I spent the night in the ER getting x-rayed, scanned & sewn up. It took 11 stitches to close my cut. Now, all these years later I'm left with this permanent lump & the scar over my eye:
20200130_202910_Burst01.jpg

Fedor would have kept fighting if the doctor didn't stop the fight against big foot. He was fully mounted and was took a beating. There's a picture of him ready to fight before it got called off.

How many had their orbital bone broken by multiple shoulder strikes standing, with no attempt to defend, dodge, or adjust?

Right, because you had the answers. Fucking loser. You'd get dropped from a homeless man.

Wand also fought crocop with busted up eye socket, broken nose, etc...only to end up part crocops lhk highlight reel.

Matt Mitrione vs Travis Browne

I'm amazed TS couldn't think of any examples 'cause all the UFC examples are gruesome and memorable.

Last edited:

That's pretty standard stuff for Cerrone, to be honest.
giphy.gif

ufc-XP1HlgCAJyQec

Back