how many have kept fighting with a broken orbital bone

How many had their orbital bone broken by multiple shoulder strikes standing, with no attempt to defend, dodge, or adjust?

another record for Cowboy!

Fedor would have kept fighting if the doctor didn't stop the fight against big foot. He was fully mounted and was took a beating. There's a picture of him ready to fight before it got called off.
IMO if they had let that go for the last round, Fedor would have found the way to win.....Bigfoot was gassed, cant really argue with the call though, his eye was messed up

That's a hematoma above the eye. Why did you post this in a discussion about orbital fractures? I cannot find one site that mentions an orbital fracture for Hominick.
Exactly. Nothing more than a hematoma. From a knee if I remember correctly.

He wasn't a try-hard like Colby. Being an asshole just came naturally to him.
Yea, even Dana said a few times back in the day that Kos is a dick, not for show, that's just who he is. Most of the AKA guys have said that too. Not hard to work with, just a dick.

After seeing the pics in this thread I will never say anything bad about any fighter ever again . These are tough mf’ers.

Margarito kept fighting pacquiao eve after PAC broke his orbital bone. Mexican warrior.
Got beat the fuck up tho, lol.

Mousasi....45 seconds in , dominated round 1 ( obviously had to adapt new g-plan)), won round 2 , lost round 3 - as he won fight with zero depth perception.

After 1st round, doctor came in and covered his good eye as cornerman were signaling answers- he was ready to wave off fight and female doctor ( also in cage - asked him something and fight continued).

Lol- of course, good ole sherdoggers quick to actually jump on him for the close fight.
Rory had to HAD TO open up his big mouth and we all saw the result of that as he tapped to elbows 6 minutes into the beating of his career.

who? name them.

giphy.gif

He wasn't a try-hard like Colby. Being an asshole just came naturally to him.
Yea, even Dana said a few times back in the day that Kos is a dick, not for show, that's just who he is.
Iirc Dana even called him that while being right next to him at a press conference.
Josh didn't really appreciate it.

As far as playing the heel goes: With comparable (or somewhat less imo) "natural dickishness", Kos did much better than Colby.

I suffered a cracked orbital over my left eye courtesy of a sneaky right elbow that followed a right hook from my opponent in my second to last pro fight. It also busted open a cut that nearly stopped the fight but the ref & the ringside physician let the fight go on because there was only one round left. I was ahead on the cards but I lost the final round because I could hardly see my opponent. Plus he was a fucking southpaw so everything was coming from his right side & landing on my left which hurt like hell, believe me. Every time he landed a shot it felt like getting hit with a hammer in the face.
The fight wound up being a draw. And, afterward, my cornerman got into a shoving match because he was pissed at my opponent for fighting so dirty. Meanwhile, I spent the night in the ER getting x-rayed, scanned & sewn up. It took 11 stitches to close my cut. Now, all these years later I'm left with this permanent lump & the scar over my eye:
View attachment 719743
What exactly is considered "fighting so dirty" here?

I think it's zero?
Koscheck got his broken by the first punch in GSP 2 and went another 24 minutes.

Lots of guys have kept fighting with broken bones. Franklin KOed Liddell with a broken arm. Varner fought a full round with a broken ankle and was furious when they called it off between rounds.

Floyd won the SFW belt having broken both hands by the 5th. (His only official knockdown came in that fight when he took a knee due too the pain from landing a punch).

Faber went 5 rounds with Brown with 2 broken hands while taking a beating. GSP got his nose broken by Penn in the first round of their first fight and went on too win a decision.

Silva went 5 rounds getting beaten on by Cheal with a broken rib and won.

I can keep going all day but there isn't really a point. I'm not saying any of these guy's are smart for doing these things.

I don't fault Cowboy for getting out but as much as I love Cowboy the heart and mental toughness to fight threw adversity has never really been a strong suit if his which is likely why, despite being highly skilled and putting together a legendary career, he never managed to attain the ultimate prize in the sport.

Cowboy tried to fight on. Problem was he was getting smashed. So the ref stepped in.

The head kick didn't break anything.

What broke his orbital was a jab.
cautiOn- you're a female, right ?( only asking cause I referenced something in another thread and I just assumed that you were a gal based on something u posted )

cautiOn- you're a female, right ?( only asking cause I referenced something in another thread and I just assumed that you were a gal based on something u posted )
Assumption correct.

That head kick he landed obliterated most of Yoels skull. That shit was fucking awful. Unironically hardest shot of the fight.
Nah he took it and it didn't any visible damage. Look what head kick shin to done Costa landed in the 3rd. Yoel's chin is inhuman.

Back