how many fights should conor get outside of 145 before he has to vacate?

jayonajetplane

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
title says it all. when should he be forced to either fight at 145 or leave the belt?

if his plans are to fight nate at 170, fight rda at 155 at ufc 200, and then fight lawler at 170, that's a lot of time the 145 division is just sitting in limbo.

title says it all. when should he be forced to either fight at 145 or leave the belt?

if his plans are to fight nate at 170, fight rda at 155 at ufc 200, and then fight lawler at 170, that's a lot of time the 145 division is just sitting in limbo.

He said that by the end of 2015 FW division will be dead.

When the belt isn't defended, the division indeed becomes dead.

Just as planned.

He said that by the end of 2015 FW division will be dead.

When the belt isn't defended, the division indeed becomes dead.

Just as planned.
what a stupid answer. you're not conor mcgregor. stop acting like him.

2. I can see where he gets this one fight at WW....I mean it's a fight between 2 LW so IMO I consider this a LW fight. If he takes ANOTHER LW fight before defending the FW title he should be stripped.

The only real exception to this (and it's the likely scenario) is if he doesn't get too injured vs Diaz and can face RDA relatively soon for hte LW title. If he sins that title he needs to decide whether to go defend at FW again or stay at LW.

as long as he can defend once a year he should be fine, thats how much average champs defend anyways

3 including this one . If he keeps winning once he fights for the 170 and 155 belt he should hhave to defend his FW belt or vacate now do you think he goes back to 145 if he loses to dDiaz or still tries for 155 or 170 gold

If you can't see sarcasm, I'm sorry for you.
you have conor in your sig and you always act like him. stop trying to play it off like you were being sarcastic. you, just like 100 other people on here, mimic everything conor says and adopt his personality like you're actually a successful prize fighter too. it's weird as fuck. if you can't see that, i'm sorry for you

After the Diaz fight he should be forced to fight Frankie or vacate his insurance policy, I mean the belt.

It should be vacated now.

He doesn't care about it, after all.

as long as he can defend once a year he should be fine, thats how much average champs defend anyways
is it? i see that "once per year" statistic thrown around for other champs a lot but i am not so sure it is true.

As long as he keeps winning outside of FW, i dont think he will get any more "fun fights" tho.

That's not how you measure it. It doesn't matter how many fights he has outside the weight class. It only matters how long it's been since his last defense. I'd say a year is about right. If he keeps winning he'll try to have 4 fights a year, so he could have 3 fights outside the weight class per year

As many as he wants didn't you hear?

The C in UFC stands for Conor now.

2 including this Nate fight. RDA pulling out wasn't his fault. He will fight UFC 200 in July for either LW or WW belt, it's just a far bigger contest than any FW contender and 200 is going to be hyped. So assuming he doesn't get hurt too badly he should defend FW by about October, December at the latest

1. If he doesn't defend the belt with his next fight I think they have to force him to vacate it. I want to see Conor fight at WW just for the hell of it, but it's not fair to keep an entire division on ice for it.

Seeing as it was defended on average of once a year, I'd say they'll wait till dos Anjos heals up, reschedule the fight and if he wins that he can have the prestige of being the first fighter to hold two belts simultaneously. Then vacate it and let Edgar and Aldo scrap for it.

He has packed on serious muscle weight...Making plenty money at a higher weight class while eating steaks and butter.
Already vacated bra

people care about conor more than every other FW combined - those kinds of rules dont apply to him at the moment, a title fight at FW without his name in it wouldn't sell

No way is he going back down to 145.

Back