how many fights should conor get outside of 145 before he has to vacate?

How many? As many as he ever wants. Dana will mention this during a press conference, Conor will humiliate him with all sort of weird shit, Dana will nod in agreement, and that's it.
Unless Conor suffers a catastrophic defeat, I can't see how UFC can control him now. During the last press conference he said that HE chose Nate, and nobody came up to say otherwise. So, for all we know, UFC now let Conor choose his own fights.
Recipe for a disaster, if you ask me.

I don't think he has any plans to defend that belt if he gets another one. This gives him the " They are fighting over the belt that I left for them.. I feed them my scraps." type of speech.

I don't think he will fight for the 145 belt again unless he loses to nate or rda. If he beats nate he will probably hold on to the belt to face RDA just long enough to say he is a simultaneous 2 division champ (assuming he wins) and then move on

I say if he doesn't defend for a year they strip it. That gives him possibly 3 fights outside of 145 or 2 fights and a small injury. That's not unheard of in terms of length; for example Werdum took 11 months off from defending the belt. Pettis took like 15 or 16 months to defend. So a year is pretty reasonable.

title says it all. when should he be forced to either fight at 145 or leave the belt?

if his plans are to fight nate at 170, fight rda at 155 at ufc 200, and then fight lawler at 170, that's a lot of time the 145 division is just sitting in limbo.
I would say he has to defend (at least) once or twice a year.
But then again, they can always setup an interim title and then have Conor go down to defend...

TS you seem to be ignoring frequency of fights in your equation. Why?

If Conor keeps up his pace he could take all those fights and still defend the FW belt as much as the prior champ did.

Tough one, right? RDA pulling out really screwed things over. If he had fought and beat RDA then you could see pushing whimsey and giving him the 170 shot before making him defend at 145... but because he's not fighting RDA I don't think it makes sense for him to fight at any weight class other than 145 next unless he drops the title.

There's only one fight left at FW for him! That is Frankie, if he defends his belt once, against Frankie, he has no more point to make at FW

you have conor in your sig and you always act like him. stop trying to play it off like you were being sarcastic. you, just like 100 other people on here, mimic everything conor says and adopt his personality like you're actually a successful prize fighter too. it's weird as fuck. if you can't see that, i'm sorry for you
wooo....somebodys mad!!

Back