how many days should you take off from lifting?

snakeryu

White Belt
Reaction score
I know it depends in how i feel but since I don't get sore anymore its hard to tell when to rest. I use to train everyday because of this and then tried taking one day off in between, still didn't improved. Don't ask me about my training. So would 2 days be enough rest for my muscle or 3 days at the most.. How much time do you take before you hits the weights again.

generally two days off for each muscle group, three if the weights are larger.....
You want us to advise you on your training but don't want to tell us how you train...

READ THE FAQ!

I tried many techniques and weights from heavy, moderate and light. I just don't want to hear people giving me new training advise which I already have done.

I tried many techniques and weights from heavy, moderate and light. I just don't want to hear people giving me new training advise which I already have done.

Then I guess we'll have to provide some training advise you couldn't possibly have heard then, eh?

Answer is -- After each workout, go to the nearest convenience store and buy something that costs less than 75 cents. Hand the clerk a dollar.

When you get change back, see if you got a state quarter (I assume you're in the U.S.). If you do, check here -- List of U.S. states by date of statehood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -- and see what "place" that state holds in terms of joining the union (first state to join, second state, etc.). Then wait that many days to work out again. Pennsylvania? Two days off -- perfect! Idaho? 43 days -- rest up, eat right and get set for big PRs. Late next month.

If you get a plain non-state quarter -- or a bunch of dimes -- go right back to the gym NOW! Ooooooh, double duty!

You know your body more so don't always use soreness as a judge but how you feel mentally as well.

as a general rule anything between 2-3 days is a good choice

If you come here making demands, and telling everyone you're not going to talk about how you train, then let me be the first to say, Go get aids.

I know it depends in how i feel but since I don't get sore anymore its hard to tell when to rest. I use to train everyday because of this and then tried taking one day off in between, still didn't improved. Don't ask me about my training. So would 2 days be enough rest for my muscle or 3 days at the most.. How much time do you take before you hits the weights again.

Most of us in here are lifting every day. We don't take days off like mere mortals. So escape the bonds of n00bdom, and then ask.

Or read the fucking FAQ at the top of the forum- it's called 'Frequently Asked Questions' for a very logical reason.

that all depends on how hard you intend to work out... i take 2 days off for each muscle group while doing strength training but that's just my personal choice

I generally train heavy three days and conditioning for three days, alternating.

I'm back on the 5x5 cycle for M/W/F. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I cycle, run sprints, jump rope and beat on a tire with a sledgehammer as I feel like it. Keep in mind I take multivitamins and eat like a wood chipper. Without my diet I couldn't maintain my pace.

Then on the seventh day, I rest.

You can train six days a week, but you want at the very minimum to have a day off.

Look, when you lift a heavy or any weight, you actually make small tears in the muscles. Days off are needed for those muscles to repair and growth to happen.

If your not getting stronger the first thing I would do is look into the workouts that your doing. I really like the Westside system Westside Barbell

Then I guess we'll have to provide some training advise you couldn't possibly have heard then, eh?

Answer is -- After each workout, go to the nearest convenience store and buy something that costs less than 75 cents. Hand the clerk a dollar.

haha, awesome. That's definitely some advice I've never heard before. Sounds solid.

Anywhere from 4-6 depending on whether I am focusing on power or conditioning

As I usually do wholebody sessions now I train each musclegroup everytime I train. Sometimes I train two days in a row. Sometimes I take 4 days off.
All depends on how I feel.
I f I train two days in a rwo the second day is usually a light day.

Back