How Long Will the UFC Keep Mickey Gall?

He’s still new. Give him some time to develop more.

also he isn’t active enough.

if we treated Robbie lawlor like that he’d never be champ

They've invested too much in him to just let him go to another promotion. If he trails 4-0 or something, then I think they'd consider it. But even then he could crank out one more if he went to LW.

Vick vs Gall is the fight to make right now.
Yes! I would watch that 10/10. Tall & Lanky & All Power Shots & No Defense.

He'll stick around for a awhile he's a good card filler for now and has potential..

I think he needs to be cut for his own good, in the UFC he will likely getting More Ls than Ws against low level competition.

He is still young and if he gets cuts he can build himself up in the minor leagues and get more experience which would help him in the future if the UFC decides to sign him back

He’s still new. Give him some time to develop more.

also he isn’t active enough.

if we treated Robbie lawlor like that he’d never be champ
Lawler rebuilt himself outside the UFC before becoming champ

He didn’t get finished which I thought would definitely happen.

His biggest problems seem to be strength and conditioning. Looks like he cuts too much weight and is in general very very weak.
As an arm-chair coach, I would like to see him take a year to work heavily on those issues, bump to 170, and work on his grappling / wrestling a ton.
He's got a big frame, he's just so frail it seems.
he's already fighting at 170... and way to small for MW, not height wise but he'd get ragdolled my man.

he's already fighting at 170... and way to small for MW, not height wise but he'd get ragdolled my man.
Sorry meant 185. He's 6'2" with a 74 inch reach..not exactly small for MW in terms of those stats.
He's just so lanky and always looks drained, weak, etc.

There's no need to cut him, he seems to be the guy you use to test newcomers or for gimmick fights. I kinda like how even though he's obviously never gonna make it big, he's still trying his best and is game against more experienced opponents.
perry should have been a relatively easy fight for a skilled fighter. i don't think this guy could cut it in Bellator.

Why do people think he needs to be cut? He hasn't even lose two in a row yet.

perry should have been a relatively easy fight for a skilled fighter. i don't think this guy could cut it in Bellator.
Perry gave luque a hell of a fight and beat Felder, he's not some bum that anyone can beat

He has a weird frame. His hips are wider than his chest. Although his body fat is fairly low, he has the legs of a couch potato. He's naturally unathletic and weak. That's a horrible combination in MMA. And one that will be very difficult to overcome, especially with USADA, given that his best chance would be to do a lot of explosive powerlifting and go up to 185. That being said, he should probably just find a new career. With his name value, he could open a gym and give classes for kids like Stephen Thompson does.

11.jpg

Back