How Long Will the UFC Keep Mickey Gall?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He was a flash in the pan IMO. I think Dana saw something in him but he's proven not to be ready for the UFC. He was pretty green and given Randy Brown early. I don't think the idea was for him to lose that fight either it was to build him up. Gets a loss then gets a build up fight then Diego was sent in to build his name again and he got dominated. Was then given someone 0-2 in the UFC to get back on track.

I think for the Perry fight the roles were reversed and the UFC wanted to give Perry a fighter who people knew but he should be able to get an easy win. I think they need to release him down to one of the lower leagues (don't they own LFA or something?) I thought he might have had something when he dominated Sage but Sage was in a similar place of being built up but not that great.

They don't own LFA no, but it's very much a feeder league. I think Gall gets about $50k a fight, which LFA wouldn't come close to. If he left and wanted somewhere around the same money it'd have to be PFL or Bellator.

I don't think they'll cut him after that fight, he looked better than he had done in any of his other fights imo, he was just in there with a guy who's probably top 25 in the world.

He was a flash in the pan IMO. I think Dana saw something in him but he's proven not to be ready for the UFC. He was pretty green and given Randy Brown early. I don't think the idea was for him to lose that fight either it was to build him up. Gets a loss then gets a build up fight then Diego was sent in to build his name again and he got dominated. Was then given someone 0-2 in the UFC to get back on track.

I think for the Perry fight the roles were reversed and the UFC wanted to give Perry a fighter who people knew but he should be able to get an easy win. I think they need to release him down to one of the lower leagues (don't they own LFA or something?) I thought he might have had something when he dominated Sage but Sage was in a similar place of being built up but not that great.
His biggest problems seem to be strength and conditioning. Looks like he cuts too much weight and is in general very very weak.
As an arm-chair coach, I would like to see him take a year to work heavily on those issues, bump to 185, and work on his grappling / wrestling a ton.
He's got a big frame, he's just so frail it seems.

Last edited:
First two posts says it all. TS, how could you say you think Dana saw potential in him? He was brought in for CM Punk and that's it.

Dana saw the potential in him to lose to CM Punk

The is the whole reason he is in the UFC

I don't think they'll cut him after that fight, he looked better than he had done in any of his other fights imo, he was just in there with a guy who's probably top 25 in the world.

There's no need to cut him, he seems to be the guy you use to test newcomers or for gimmick fights. I kinda like how even though he's obviously never gonna make it big, he's still trying his best and is game against more experienced opponents.

I think for the Perry fight the roles were reversed and the UFC wanted to give Perry a fighter who people knew but he should be able to get an easy win.

It didn't seem that easy to me. He took substantial damage and lost a round.

His biggest problems seem to be strength and conditioning. Looks like he cuts too much weight and is in general very very weak.
As an arm-chair coach, I would like to see him take a year to work heavily on those issues, bump to 170, and work on his grappling / wrestling a ton.
He's got a big frame, he's just so frail it seems.

doesn’t he fight at 170 already

I think if you lose to Diego Sanchez at this stage of Diego' s career, you have no business in the UFC.

They've invested too much in him to just let him go to another promotion. If he trails 4-0 or something, then I think they'd consider it. But even then he could crank out one more if he went to LW.

Vick vs Gall is the fight to make right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back