How long will it take khabib to match bj, Frankie and Benson

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Title defenses. They all have 3. He has one. He fights once a year if we are lucky. So maybe by 2021 if he still even has the belt due to inactivity. He is one of the worst champs ever, this guy never fights.

Well they all defended their title more often than the previous champion so there is that.
Champion for 511 days and 0 defences.

Why fight when you can sit on the sidelines eating tiramisu and talking shit while people think you're a goat

A long time. BJs title run will go unmatched for ever in the LW division.

Khabib won the title from a fringe top 10 real estate agent, and then defended it against a drug addicted liquor salesman.

He fought 3 times in 9 months ? And is aiming for 2 fights this year

Khabib won the title from a fringe top 10 real estate agent, and then defended it against a drug addicted liquor salesman.
This is true. He hasn't fought the best in the division yet.

Bj Penn won the title from Joe Stevenson who won't even crack the current top 10 in lightweight, and then he defended the belt 3 times against medicore fighter like sean sherk, Kenny Florian and Diego Sanchez.
Khabib has 11 wins and no loss in the UFC lightweight division, with wins over rda, barboza, conor, Michael johnson, laquinta.
Bj penn lightweight run is insanely weak compared to khabib

I predict he never will. Khabib is so afraid of losing that undefeated status. I think he takes 1-2 more low stress fights and retires.

Bj Penn won the title from Joe Stevenson who won't even crack the current top 10 in lightweight, and then he defended the belt 3 times against medicore fighter like sean sherk, Kenny Florian and Diego Sanchez.
I was just messing around really while bored on my commute.

However, calling Sherk, Diego and Florian “mediocre” is kinda silly. At the time BJ beat Sherk, he had only ever lost to Hughes and GSP at WW, and had had like 30 fights. The guy was very very good. Diego has become somewhat of an mma oddball, but in his prime he was a very very good fighter and had some big wins. Even his losses by that time to Fitch and Kos were very competitive. Florian is a dork, but also was really good back in the day.

It’s also worth noting that BJ dominated and finished all of them.

Bro why does everyone focus on fucking title defences so much? I respect BJ a lot, but this guy got a title shot when he was 3-0. Khabib was 25-0 when he got a title shot.

Benson and Edgar got title shots way quicker than Khabib did. Bringing up title defences just makes no sense.

Khabib has 11 wins and no loss in the UFC lightweight division, with wins over rda, barboza, conor, Michael johnson, laquinta.
Bj penn lightweight run is insanely weak compared to khabib
Just saw the last part. BJs LW run isn’t “weak” compared to anyone. His path was completely different. He fought the #3 LW in the world in his 3rd ever MMA fight. He went his first 10 years fighting too competition and his only loss at LW was avenged. It’s easy to look back and say fighters from the past were easy to beat, but that’s just opinion and revisionist history. Edwards, Gomi, Uno, Bang, Sherk, Diego, Florian, Stevenson were all top fighters when BJ finished them all.

However, calling Sherk, Diego and Florian “mediocre” is kinda silly. At the time BJ beat Sherk, he had only ever lost to Hughes and GSP at WW, and had had like 30 fights. The guy was very very good. Diego has become somewhat of an mma oddball, but in his prime he was a very very good fighter and had some big wins. Even his losses by that time to Fitch and Kos were very competitive. Florian is a dork, but also was really good back in the day.
They're nothing compared to RDA, michael johnson, Conor mcgregor, laquinta and barboza. Khabib has beaten way better competition and it's not even remotely close.

Khabib:
-More wins at ufc lightwright(11)
-way better top wins(RDA, Conor, laquinta, Michael johnson, Barboza )
-undefeated at LW and ufc

BJ Penn
-more title defense.
-6-3 in ufc lightweight
If you look at the fact and stats, then it becomes pretty clear that khabib is the LW GOAT

Bro why does everyone focus on fucking title defences so much? I respect BJ a lot, but this guy got a title shot when he was 3-0. Khabib was 25-0 when he got a title shot.

Benson and Edgar got title shots way quicker than Khabib did. Bringing up title defences just makes no sense.
3-0 with 2 top 5 wins already lol Khabib didn’t get a top 5 win until his 23rd fight lol

It’s also worth noting that BJ dominated and finished all of them.
Yeah Sherk’s only losses in his entire career are Hughes, GSP, BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar and he fought 40 times total.

Back