How long until the UFC UNDERSTAND that PPV is dead .... LONG TERM !?!

randysyatt

Zan Panzer
@Orange
Reaction score
The future is a subscription model like fight pass.

However, they need to include the PPV's like the WWE network.

Change $15 (up from $9.99 / Month) which will include all PPV events and people will buy it like nuts !!!!

I understand the PPV model works now... but it is decline and should bve reserved for bars and pubs, at home users should be on a subscription basis.

Why do you think they launched Fight Pass and got the FOX deal?

May-pac made Super Bowl type revenue. Ppv is hardly dead. Atleast 2/3's of UFC income last year came from ppv

Ppv is dead yet it's the biggest provider of revenue to a company that made 600 million dollars last year

PPV is definitely a dying business.

Charging 60+ dollars and giving the cable company near half just for distribution in an age where there's a free distribution platform (the Internet) makes traditional PPV nonsensical.

But I think the UFC is very attracted to the business model of charging a premium for a single event.

If anything, I think they're hoping to eventually charge $60/PPV on Fight Pass only (which they're already doing now) after leaving cable, but hoping to profit more on their increased percentage share rather than passing the savings along to the customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought it would be awesome if they offered a subscription. You pay 500 a year or so and you get access to every ufc ppv in HD.

The future is a subscription model like fight pass.

However, they need to include the PPV's like the WWE network.

Change $15 (up from $9.99 / Month) which will include all PPV events and people will buy it like nuts !!!!

I understand the PPV model works now... but it is decline and should bve reserved for bars and pubs, at home users should be on a subscription basis.

Not sure you do.

There must be enough fools (like me) plunking down $60 a shot for the PPVs to make them avoid that path. I'd like to think their financial planning teams have looked at some options and have decided that as long as the gate covers most of the fighter pay/expenses that solid PPV sales still make them a fuckton of money.

I do think they give partial credence to what you're saying, however, as they seem to be sweetening the pot on Fight Pass membership with the ever growing library of old fights, the smaller venue shows (Bisping vs. Silva in Europe) and the smaller promotions (invicta, shooto, etc.).

Why walk away from the PPV money when you're pulling in some of the best sales in years and years?

Not sure you do.

There must be enough fools (like me) plunking down $60 a shot for the PPVs to make them avoid that path. ?

When you buy the PPVs, would you get a few mates around and divvy up the cost/have a few beers?

Just wondering as it does seem to be pricey to be buying solo once a month (Ireland, so we pay 20e a month for BT sport which has UFC events including PPVs)

How long until Shertards stop posting PPV estimates as proof of an event's success or failure?
As of last year, PPV was 35% of revenue, with the number falling each year. The major international network deals far exceed PPV revenue.
Despite PPV, we'll them make decisions based on other trends in the future (ex:Gus title shot).

But I guess American/Canadian PPV is still a cash cow, so they won't depart that model for us any time soon.

Not after Conor sells over a million in 9 or so days.

they're not moving away from PPV - you just hope so, dana white i think even said that the wwf's model is dumb

In Holland we already have a subscription for just 15 bucks a month including football, nba, nfl and more sports that i don't know of. Let the salt be with you

When you buy the PPVs, would you get a few mates around and divvy up the cost/have a few beers?

Just wondering as it does seem to be pricey to be buying solo once a month (Ireland, so we pay 20e a month for BT sport which has UFC events including PPVs)

Then you're getting a fine deal sir, because that is only $265 annually in American Dollars (at current rates) and my annual cost is probably closer to $720. Then again I make pretty decent money and the cost of PPVs is nothing compared to the cost of medical care in this country.

A dental trip can easily run $2000-$3000.

Maybe the PPV is not good for homes but good for bars? They get charged more right?

Back