How long to cut 10 pounds?

Nickuraba

Ground St. Pound
Reaction score
First off, I know everybody's body is different, but what I'm hoping somebody can give me a ballpark figure on is how long it would take me in the sauna to cut 10 pounds? I'm coming down from 190 for a fight at 170 OCtober 29th and I'm planning on weighing 180ish, cutting the other 10 for weigh ins and then packing the weight back on to come in at 180. I'm just wondering how long it usually takes to cut that kind of weight in the suana. thanks

Nickuraba said:
First off, I know everybody's body is different, but what I'm hoping somebody can give me a ballpark figure on is how long it would take me in the sauna to cut 10 pounds? I'm coming down from 190 for a fight at 170 OCtober 29th and I'm planning on weighing 180ish, cutting the other 10 for weigh ins and then packing the weight back on to come in at 180. I'm just wondering how long it usually takes to cut that kind of weight in the suana. thanks

if you fight in am, you weigh in the same day, and cutting 10 lbs in a suna then fighting the same day your going to die.

if you weigh in the day before you might be ok.

Well if you have to weigh in on the day of the fight it can be done however you have to do it intelligently if you weigh in the day before no problem.
Either way this is how you lose the water weight sanely- Weigh self before starting
1.) go to drug stor buy Albolene-this is bar none guaranteed to help you make weight it will open your pores. Rub it on you face top of head if you are bald, chest, arms inside of arms, butt, back of thighs, front of thighs ect. Choose places you sweat alot like I sweat a shitload out of back so I put alot on my back
2.) layer your clothing-bottom layer long johns, middle layer t-shirt, top layer sweatshirt (I prefer no sauna suit)
3.) Warm up on a stationary bike, treadmill or whatever to get sweat going
4.) get into sauna strip warm up clothes off-do in the sauna! Bring scale right outside sauna door and weigh self once stripped Next put albolene on again just to make sure none has come off. Now wrap lower body in thick cotton towel, drape towel over shoulders, and towel drape over head.
5.) I sit in Sauna in 15 min intervals then check weight. When you get out to check weight wrap in Cotton robe so you no lose heat and it will help keep you sweating. When done checking weight squirt a little lemon juice in mouth it will keep you from drying out
6.) if not made weight after first time repeat process-same length of time until you make weight
7.) once you make weight do not eat, drink nothing until step on scale
8.) when make weight drink pedia lyte it is the best shit for dehydratio. I drink about one to 1.5 ounces per pound i shedded. Drink it in first hour to hour half of weigh in mix in one to 2 ounces of water per ounce of pedialyte. Then when done take a nap
This is best way tomake weight I have used it since I was in highschool and have lost as much as 20 pounds doing it and even at a 20 pound cut i felt ok not great but ok better than i should of. I would say 10 pounds will take you from 30-45 min if you warm up right and use the albolene.

fuck the sauna ... get yourself a sauna suit and get on the tredmill, run your little hart out untill you feel you cant run anymore. 40 mins on the tredmill with a suit on at a good pace will drop you 6-7 lbs maby more, cut the last few pounds in the sauna.

This technique is proved through experience !!!

remember to eat many small meals ... your body needs somthing to burn off when ur dropping the weight ....... FIRE NEEDS WOOD TO BURN, YOUR BODY NEEDS FOOD TO PERFORM

Boomstick said:
Well if you have to weigh in on the day of the fight it can be done however you have to do it intelligently if you weigh in the day before no problem.
Either way this is how you lose the water weight sanely- Weigh self before starting
1.) go to drug stor buy Albolene-this is bar none guaranteed to help you make weight it will open your pores. Rub it on you face top of head if you are bald, chest, arms inside of arms, butt, back of thighs, front of thighs ect. Choose places you sweat alot like I sweat a shitload out of back so I put alot on my back
2.) layer your clothing-bottom layer long johns, middle layer t-shirt, top layer sweatshirt (I prefer no sauna suit)
3.) Warm up on a stationary bike, treadmill or whatever to get sweat going
4.) get into sauna strip warm up clothes off-do in the sauna! Bring scale right outside sauna door and weigh self once stripped Next put albolene on again just to make sure none has come off. Now wrap lower body in thick cotton towel, drape towel over shoulders, and towel drape over head.
5.) I sit in Sauna in 15 min intervals then check weight. When you get out to check weight wrap in Cotton robe so you no lose heat and it will help keep you sweating. When done checking weight squirt a little lemon juice in mouth it will keep you from drying out
6.) if not made weight after first time repeat process-same length of time until you make weight
7.) once you make weight do not eat, drink nothing until step on scale
8.) when make weight drink pedia lyte it is the best shit for dehydratio. I drink about one to 1.5 ounces per pound i shedded. Drink it in first hour to hour half of weigh in mix in one to 2 ounces of water per ounce of pedialyte. Then when done take a nap
This is best way tomake weight I have used it since I was in highschool and have lost as much as 20 pounds doing it and even at a 20 pound cut i felt ok not great but ok better than i should of. I would say 10 pounds will take you from 30-45 min if you warm up right and use the albolene.

Pretty impressive over view.

wrestlintitan said:
fuck the sauna ... get yourself a sauna suit and get on the tredmill, run your little hart out untill you feel you cant run anymore. 40 mins on the tredmill with a suit on at a good pace will drop you 6-7 lbs maby more, cut the last few pounds in the sauna.

This technique is proved through experience !!!

remember to eat many small meals ... your body needs somthing to burn off when ur dropping the weight ....... FIRE NEEDS WOOD TO BURN, YOUR BODY NEEDS FOOD TO PERFORM
wearing a sauna suit should be anyone who is cutting weights last resort there is a reason they have been banned by highschool and college wrestling programs. Also why waste energy and strength running on a tredmill when you can relax in a sauna and lose the weight quicker?
The method you describe will work but it is not the best way to lose weight and should be an absolute last resort. Also telling someone to eat is plain bad advice depending on what the kid eats his weight could fluctuate 2-10 pounds from the weight of the undigested food to the water retention if the food has high sodium ect ect ect.
Anyone weighing in should always weigh in on an empty stomach....sure it is a pain in the ass and you may be hungry but it can and will save your ass some pain trying to lose that weight. Recharge after you make weight using pedialyte and you will be fine. the method i outline is used and proven in fact Castillo used it this past weekend tomake weight for Corrales.

Boomstick said:
wearing a sauna suit should be anyone who is cutting weights last resort there is a reason they have been banned by highschool and college wrestling programs. Also why waste energy and strength running on a tredmill when you can relax in a sauna and lose the weight quicker?
The method you describe will work but it is not the best way to lose weight and should be an absolute last resort. Also telling someone to eat is plain bad advice depending on what the kid eats his weight could fluctuate 2-10 pounds from the weight of the undigested food to the water retention if the food has high sodium ect ect ect.
Anyone weighing in should always weigh in on an empty stomach....sure it is a pain in the ass and you may be hungry but it can and will save your ass some pain trying to lose that weight. Recharge after you make weight using pedialyte and you will be fine. the method i outline is used and proven in fact Castillo used it this past weekend tomake weight for Corrales.
He didn't make weight lol
But I have always cut weight the same as you.

Back