how long til u go on strict diet b4 a fight?

Stewart Kwong

Yellow Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
i know that ideally u would wanna go eat right as soon as possible if u were gonna be fighting, but i wanna know how long b4 a fight i should be really strict w/ no cheating. its just real hard to imagine eating only chicken , rice and fruits/veggies for 8 weeks b4 a fight. however i will if i have to. any input appreciated. thx in advance.

suplex916 said:
i know that ideally u would wanna go eat right as soon as possible if u were gonna be fighting, but i wanna know how long b4 a fight i should be really strict w/ no cheating. its just real hard to imagine eating only chicken , rice and fruits/veggies for 8 weeks b4 a fight. however i will if i have to. any input appreciated. thx in advance.

depends how bad you want to win and how much weight you have to cut. If you dont have to cut weight, eat a balanced diet it can only help.

retrostyle said:
depends how bad you want to win and how much weight you have to cut. If you dont have to cut weight, eat a balanced diet it can only help.

right if you don't have to worry about cutting then just try to stay healthy.

if weight is not an problem 4 weeks when i cut about 8

I've done 4 weeks strict diet going into some mma and judo comps, anything over that and I'd probly have gone insane, definetely seemed to help my conditioning.

Back