How long does it take to form a fat lip /for it to heal

i hate clubs and parties, always have. as a musician sometimes i go to play but i don't really like the sitting around and waiting. If I feel the vibe is off for whatever reasons i just leave. I worked in a bar for about a year, always a lot of issues of some kind or another. Places are nasty, it probably holds me back as a musician, not liking that kind of stuff but whatever.
I was trying to leave and my "friend" threw a haymaker at someone who was a lot taller than me, I'm 6'3" but I'm not your cannon fodder so we got lit and got home with our brains in our heads.

I was trying to leave and my "friend" threw a haymaker at someone who was a lot taller than me, I'm 6'3" but I'm not your cannon fodder so we got lit and got home with our brains in our heads.
does that mean you ran like a pussy?

i've had my nose broken, either once or twice, it's a strange kind of cartilage, not soft but also not bone, my nose leaned to the left a bit after it too. I wondered if it would affect my singing voice, (no joke, i'm a musician) and also thought it might be a chronic issue, i would have had to have had my nostrils worked on because my nose began bleeding at the drop of a hat.

I generally look a mess if I’ve had a heavy sparring session! I mark easy and my nose bleeds as soon as it’s hit.

I used to do some door work 15-20 years ago and got blind sided by some pissed cowardly c**t. Badly broke my nose and have had problems with it ever since. I’ve been boxing and doing various other martial arts for 25 years and the only real injury I’ve had in the ring was a couple of broken ribs from being caught flush with a spinning back kick. I’ve had a few hand and foot injuries but nothing too bad. Working the door I’ve had 2 broken noses, been glassed, hit with a massive torch and broke my hand twice. Britain’s town centres are a fckin war zone on a Friday and Saturday night

I generally look a mess if I’ve had a heavy sparring session! I mark easy and my nose bleeds as soon as it’s hit.

I used to do some door work 15-20 years ago and got blind sided by some pissed cowardly c**t. Badly broke my nose and have had problems with it ever since. I’ve been boxing and doing various other martial arts for 25 years and the only real injury I’ve had in the ring was a couple of broken ribs from being caught flush with a spinning back kick. I’ve had a few hand and foot injuries but nothing too bad. Working the door I’ve had 2 broken noses, been glassed, hit with a massive torch and broke my hand twice. Britain’s town centres are a fckin war zone on a Friday and Saturday night
ya, britain is no joke from what i hear. i remember when i did security, i got hypervigilant, i was like that for a long time after i stopped doing it and even now, i'm not the same, it's not all bad, i think people should be aware of what's happening around them. I never really got injured doing it fortunately, aside from a lady biting the shit out of me because i didn't know how to detain a woman and she used it against me. Other than that, a few scratches and bruises. Training with spastics was much worse.

Y'all got me worried about my nose getting injured!
if you got any kind of a big nose it's going to get busted, if you are lucky and have a small nose you will probably be ok.

ya, britain is no joke from what i hear. i remember when i did security, i got hypervigilant, i was like that for a long time after i stopped doing it and even now, i'm not the same, it's not all bad, i think people should be aware of what's happening around them. I never really got injured doing it fortunately, aside from a lady biting the shit out of me because i didn't know how to detain a woman and she used it against me. Other than that, a few scratches and bruises. Training with spastics was much worse.

The problem over here is alcohol and the drinking culture in general! We drink far too much and it turns reasonable people in to wankers who think they’re Bruce lee!

The problem over here is alcohol and the drinking culture in general! We drink far too much and it turns reasonable people in to wankers who think they’re Bruce lee!
i know, i hate alcohol, being Indian, everyone in my family is an alcoholic, not me. I grew up around it and I don't like being around a bunch of drunk musicians. You know, people never learn, it doesn't matter how many musicians od or go through hell because of these issues, they still put themselves through it. I like performing but I really don't like being in bars or talking to drunk people, I hate it.

how old are you? i never had a problem with my nose when i was a kid but i didn't spar that much, as a man, i didn't have a problem until i caught a jab from this tall guy, after that, i had issues.

how old are you? i never had a problem with my nose when i was a kid but i didn't spar that much, as a man, i didn't have a problem until i caught a jab from this tall guy, after that, i had issues.
Did it heal back straight?

Did it heal back straight?
fuck no it didn't heal back straight, but it's not that much different, I stopped sparring with just anyone after that, and a couple other episodes. i was 30 and most of the guys were talentless, i couldn't do anything back and they were just clutzes, that, on top of mma being totally unstructured with no hope of getting any kind of a career going, i just stopped, told people no after guys didn't understand that i was doing them a favor by holding back. So, short answer, had i kept sparring it would have been a problem and it would have kept cracking up and i might have had that peculiar pug nose that guys like doug dewitt had, i didn't want that shit.

Back