How long before Ronda Rousey retires from mma?

She's what 28? Women can start to age quickly around 30 if not careful. I'd say a couple more fights and then she retires. She seems to be very serious about the acting thing (albeit a horrible horrible actress) and she would need to get serious soon before her looks really start to go..

Bethe - Saturday
Miesha - Year end show or Super Bowl show
Holm - 4th of July show
Retires

so less than a year? that would be awesome.

her getting KO'd by Cyborg would be the best possible ending to her career (for me, anyways). so maybe 18 months?

Why do you guys think Honda will retire so young?

She is literally taking almost 0 damage in her fights....it's not like she has to worry about brain trauma or anything like male fighters have to worry about

Honda would have to be absolutely crazy to stop collecting Zuffa checks for squashing a can every 6 months or so.

Honda could stop training altogether and still be better than pretty much everyone in her division lol.

I think she should fight
Tate III (I guess....I mean I don't want to see it but apparently we have no choice)
Cat II (Cat deserves another chance so she can likely lose again but at least mentally move on from making a dumb decision)
Nunes

Don't give me this Holly Holm crap either. Ronda would toss her on her head in 15 seconds.

If Cyborg ever comes to 135 then of course that fight has to happen.

I'd guess 2-3 years more if that. She'll try out Hollywood and/or WWE. Like others have said a lot of her actiing roles are b/c she is a fighter in the UFC though. What happens when he no longer fights? - Maybe she'll fight 1x a year and do movies as well?

If you'd asked me a year ago, I would have said another 2-3 years tops.

However, now that she's pulling huge PPV's and $3-5M per fight, I wonder. It's really hard to walk away from those kinds of paydays, especially when you're on top, especially when she's taking minimal damage every fight.

Her next 4 fights would take her 2 years out. If she's still pulling monster numbers, I could easily see her fighting for another couple years after that.

I think she retires after she beats Cyborg.

She's a shark in a pond of minnows. As long as she wants at this rate.

Back