How likely is fight between Gus and DC for interim title?

I didn't realise Nick Diaz was champ with the highest title defenses in his weight class. Also, didn't he retire?

Of course, he's not Jon Jones, but Diaz was arguably among the best at WW. Didn't Anderson Silva just announce today that he would like a super fight between him and Diaz? The point I'm trying to make is that Dana White doesn't seem like the kind of guy to give ground, even for Jon Jones.

If they're going to allow fighters choose their adversaries, he might as well fire Joe Silva because he's useless.

Of course they can. Jon has zero leverage and if the UFC cuts him he will be a forgotten man within a year or two. Like who is gonna pay to watch Jon beat up Tito and tell everyone how great he is? And imagine when Dana rips into him with the eyepokes, ducking etc. As soon as Gus beats Cormier or vice verca people will start going "yeah Jon was decent but he did get beat up by Gus and..."

You'd have to be deluded to think Jon has any real power in this.

Zero leverage? You can't be serious

I disagree. Jones is the man to beat. Sure they can do an interim title, but there will always be question "could they have beaten Jones?"
People like to watch Jones fight, so he does have real power, because even if he went to another organisation he would take fans with him.

No one can beat him if he wont fight.

On XBOX or PLAYSTATION....gimme a break. JONES DOES NOT GET CUT ! Especially to then set up a fight for an interim title.. If Jones gets cut there would be a fan strike of major proprtions. Jones has damn near a Million twitter followers compared a few 100 thousand for the other two combined........jones will never get cut.

On XBOX or PLAYSTATION....gimme a break. JONES DOES NOT GET CUT ! Especially to then set up a fight for an interim title.. If Jones gets cut there would be a fan celebration of major proprtions. Jones has damn near a Million twitter followers compared a few 100 thousand for the other two combined........jones will never get cut.

Fixed.

Of course they can. Jon has zero leverage and if the UFC cuts him he will be a forgotten man within a year or two. Like who is gonna pay to watch Jon beat up Tito and tell everyone how great he is? And imagine when Dana rips into him with the eyepokes, ducking etc. As soon as Gus beats Cormier or vice verca people will start going "yeah Jon was decent but he did get beat up by Gus and..."

You'd have to be deluded to think Jon has any real power in this.

The butthurt you will experience when Jones beats Gus a second time is going to be glorious.

I'd imagine then your sig will have something to do with Daniel Cormier.

Perhaps something about Popeye's Chicken?

They won't make and interim belt with healthy and contract-bound Jones around. It'd be a paper belt and everybody will know it, so it'll be hard to sell to the fans as a real championship bout.
Maybe Bones would have enough leverage to pick his opponent (e.g. fight DC instead of Gus), but that's it.

Didn't they go Interim in the heavyweight division when Randy was having his contract issues?

I guess it's their company but it would seem highly unusual to just strip your champion of the title because they won't fight one guy. Especially if there is another reasonably justifiable matchup (Cormier).

Didn't they go Interim in the heavyweight division when Randy was having his contract issues?

If I remember Randy was insisting on fighting Fedor, saying they either sign him or he walks. We talking about the same thing?

if he doesnt want to fight stripe him away from the tittle, and have Gus fight DC for the undisputed belt. Why would you still be a champion if you dont want to fight anymore?

The fight is completely unlikely, they wont make an Interim title when the champ is still healthy and active.

He fight or he gets stripped,

They don't create interim titles so the champ can dodge a challenger.

Back