How Khabib copes with being hurt is also a decisive factor that is seemingly disregarded by everyone

I like Al better after a few years of chilling out and growing up. Seems very lucid

I know Rogan heavily oversold it, but I really do think MJ stunned him briefly.

Being defensively good means he is good at evading and rolling with the shots. When I said land, I said LAND CLEANLY. When you eat a clean shot, you are most likely to get hurt.
And I already stated that Khabib rarely gets hit.

Your reading comprehension sucks.

You're just making a stupid hypothetical and it's a tired ass premise for a thread.

You're just making a stupid hypothetical and it's a tired ass premise for a thread.

Don't be bitter because I called you out for being dumb.

Thread maybe stupid, but you are even more stupid.

Khabib's striking is not the best in the business.
Conor is a master of timing and Khabib beside his grapling he is also a master of not getting hit.

people are talking that Khabib got holes in his game. no one ever hit him that causd him some issues.
look at that guys face after his fights. we never seen blood coming by Khabib.

the danger of TD is also a big factor for their opponent to not attack like it should be.
it will be the same against Conor

<Y2JSmirk>
Which makes it even more interesting to think what would happen when he actually gets hit by the most precise punch in the division.

either it'll hurt him and Conor will finish or it will lead to him landing a TD on Conor because Conor is at close range and that's that.

Not that tough to think about.

He has good defense that shows to get better in every fight. Its definitley good for a guy who never even sparred until AKA.

There were tell tale signs of that,he tended to flinch when people threw punches at him in the past,but supremely confident in last 3 fights.

He is a bit slow,which can be an issue,but his grappling threat helps that alot.

Hes got hit hard,but we havent really seen him rocked yet,dont know what he will do when that happens...but conor gonna have to make something happen early or khabib will have him joggin and huffin and puffin and thats the end of him if it gets to that point.

Khabib has never been hurt on the feet due to his highly defensive approach on the feet and the tendency to not taking much chance until he tires out his opponent on the ground. Hence, we have yet to seen his true reaction once he is actually hurt. It is very common for the fighters who rarely get tagged during the fight to panic once they are put in a vulnerable position. Conor, for example, had never been rocked by anyone up until the first Nate fight. When Nate hurt him with the one two, Conor lost his composure and shot for a sloppy takedown, which lead him to his demise.

For me, this is very intriguing side of this match as I'm very confident that Conor will eventually land clean punch and depend on how Khabib reacts to this unknown territory, the fight will shift to one way or another very quickly.

Well, here is the thing: Khabib was in 26 MMA fights and many, many sambo fights. I'm sure he has been hit plenty of times. It's not a new territory for him. But here is the biggest difference between a striker and a grapler. They both react the same when they get rocked - they try to hold on to something and usually it is the opponents body. From there on it is a bad road down for the striker (specialy if the opponent is a grappler). It's not too bad for the grappler as the automatic reactions/experience kicks in and they start to wrestle and win from there on anyway. We have seen it many times. There are times and type of fighters who never panic wrestle, instead they start swinging for the fences. Which of course against a precise counter striker is a night night scenario.

Chances are his instincts will kick in and he will turn to his bread and butter.

We have even seen strikers (Conor) go to wrestling mode.

In Khabib's case though this is what he should do anyway.

I think Khabib will 99% wrestle until Conor is at least a gassed zombie on the feet.

But it's true. It will be interesting to see. If Conor can hurt him. I doubt it would be a Brock reaction though.

lg6ZrVv8.jpeg

Khabib is dangerous, even off his back. Look up his early fights for examples.

If McG hurts him standing, he better FINISH him standing. He goes to the ground, he's getting finished.

When you look at the strengths and weaknesses of the two of them .. You have to ask, which one of them has had a harder time with the other's strong point?

Though it's been said a number of times.

Conor's TDD/Grapping and Cardio have been problems he's had and paid for in the past.

Khabib's striking defence has not.

I know , I know. "Conor is special". But in his career, he's been taken down, outworked and pressured in to submission .... this has happened. I'd say that if he lands cleanly, of course he should win. But I just don't see him doing that while he's being thrown through the air.

Back