How is the Mandalorian better than the last three Star Wars films combined?

The lore bores me now. Nothing ever new. I’m watching Dark, German Sci Fi, it’s fantastic. Also The Bodyguard about British Secret Service is so good it blows me away people don’t talk about it more.

Dark is good but too convoluted, and the family tree and connections? It's a hundred times worse than that Always Sunny conspiracy meme.

<3
It was, it had such legs for many brilliant seasons, stupid Fox aired it in the wrong order so it didn't make much sense to people, hence viewers dropping like flies.

I was amazed at how well it was done, yet how they treated it. Fortunately it has a strong cult following even now, like 15 years after.

Meh, you just described the original trilogy.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if she deserves ALL the blame, but I find it funny she has a black shirt for herself, and white for everyone else, because god forbid she doesn't stand out. Typical of a portion of liberals, they have good ideas but force it too far/hard and have to let EVERYONE know what they're doing. They might want to make things better, but even that is second to wanting to pump themselves up.

Someone was gushing to her about how much they loved the SW universe. She looked straight in his face and said, "Too bad we have to tear it down."

Destroying the legacy of Star Wars was her plan. That was her agenda. She won. To her Star Wars represented White Male Patriarchy. So to destroy it was a win against white men.

Now, how on Earth did she get the job? She.doesn't even like Star Wars. She doesn't understand it. It was simply a platform for her to be political. It was never about telling good stories. It was always about a political agenda.

Disney lost perhaps 3+ billion hiring someone who wanted to destroy what George built.

LOL

I’m seriously wondering why?

like they’re both Disney productions they both have a plethora of back storys, canon and lore to pull from.

I think the Disney films tried too hard to push a social engineering agenda while Mando is just ole fashion whoop ass in a western lone gunman Sci fi motif thoughts?

I think it comes down to an analogy I once heard about having a top tier three star restaurant.

The owner/chef said he had finally made enough money to start his own restaurant and he was looking around at his friends; they all did a bunch of fancy complex stuff and none of it was working and their businesses were suffering. So he said “London doesn’t have great bacon and eggs. I’m going to really focus and make the best bacon and eggs in London” and so he went and slowly made the right deal with the right farmer for the freshest eggs, bacon, all his ingredients; because, as he said, chefs aren’t magic and food is just ingredients.

He had expensive but the best bacon and eggs in London and won tons of awards and made lots of money.

People need good bacon and eggs sometimes, we don’t always need lobster from the Black Sea with caviar from Vladivostok and steak from Argentina.

I think the new movies tried to be too much and so wound up being nothing at all when taken as a whole. Mando is bacon and eggs, simple; I could eat it every day, I always want more when it’s done right

Finished the first season trying to watch the second, the series feels like an RPG, where you go from quest to quest and there is always something you need to do for X so you can get what you want.

The first season of the Mandalorian was great. But I'm starting to think Kathleen Kennedy and the other execs are starting to get their tentacles into the project.

Disney+ needs more content so I see them using the Mandalorian to plug in characters for spinoffs. I could be wrong.

Dark is good but too convoluted, and the family tree and connections? It's a hundred times worse than that Always Sunny conspiracy meme.
This show should come with a manual for sure....but it’s never boring, always keeps you thinking. The issue with Star Wars is even with advances in technology, they still seem stuck in the 70s. We have real aircraft with more cool tech than what they have.

I’m seriously wondering why?

like they’re both Disney productions they both have a plethora of back storys, canon and lore to pull from.

I think the Disney films tried too hard to push a social engineering agenda while Mando is just ole fashion whoop ass in a western lone gunman Sci fi motif thoughts?

It barely had anything to do with the social engineering. The story was just garbage from the get go. With all the movies being connected you're limited in how much you can change once the story goes to shit.

The start off the first one basically just remaking the original with a girl this time. It blew my mind that someone was given the Star Wars franchise and what they want to do is recreate the original with some small changes. Then its just downhill from there.

The new films were stupid.

You know they really were

The last Jedi’s editing and pacing was off and a light Sabre duel should showcase some kind of martial arts ability in wielding a blade

I don’t necessarily need a Ray Park level of skill but just hacking and swinging away like Kylo and Rey were

i was just like I could out duel these to light Sabre hacks I liken it to watching two seven year olds bashing away with toy lightsabers from toys r us in the front yard

Mandalorian feels like it's missing some funding.
The episodes feel basic/lackluster compared to the films where lots of crazy stuff is happening (jedi fights, space battles, etc).
In Mandalorian most of the time, it's laser shootouts in drab scenery, or conversations.

When what I expected was more along the lines of:
tenor.gif

I think it comes down to an analogy I once heard about having a top tier three star restaurant.

The owner/chef said he had finally made enough money to start his own restaurant and he was looking around at his friends; they all did a bunch of fancy complex stuff and none of it was working and their businesses were suffering. So he said “London doesn’t have great bacon and eggs. I’m going to really focus and make the best bacon and eggs in London” and so he went and slowly made the right deal with the right farmer for the freshest eggs, bacon, all his ingredients; because, as he said, chefs aren’t magic and food is just ingredients.

He had expensive but the best bacon and eggs in London and won tons of awards and made lots of money.

People need good bacon and eggs sometimes, we don’t always need lobster from the Black Sea with caviar from Vladivostok and steak from Argentina.

I think the new movies tried to be too much and so wound up being nothing at all when taken as a whole. Mando is bacon and eggs, simple; I could eat it every day, I always want more when it’s done right
200.gif

Well said mate.

This show should come with a manual for sure....but it’s never boring, always keeps you thinking. The issue with Star Wars is even with advances in technology, they still seem stuck in the 70s. We have real aircraft with more cool tech than what they have.

Which i don't even mind, i guess it depends on what each of us cares about in that universe, but I can't forgive Disney for what they've done with the last three movies. It's fucking appalling. They could redeem themselves by building a serialized Old Republic story that could run literally 10 seasons with ease, and what that would give them is space and time to create elaborate characters, strong plots, AND cater to every segment of the fandom they wish to cater to, but without it feeling fake, forced or a mere lip service to some current social issue. People mostly got pissed about the movies because they had shallow characters that never had a chance to be developed and to have the audiences warm up to them, not as much because of the characters' diversity. Sure, there's a small % of sexists and racists who'd always complain on principle, but the great majority would have had no problem with any character had they had a good arc, good backstory, good dialogue etc, whereas what they got was a dumpster fire in three acts where not one fucking character got a proper, coherent arc, but everyone got some screen time just because, hey, let's get every imaginable demographic to watch the movies. It's superficial and straight up offensive to every tokenized social group in those movies. Disney fucked up there in a spectacular way.

The show is nothing special to be quite honest.

The Boys blows it out of the water.
I agree that The Boys is a better show, but The Mandalorian makes you feel good at the end of their episodes, The Boys makes me want to fucking head butt a brick wall out of anger. I love Mando, and I fucking hate Homelander with a passion.

Mandalorian feels like it's missing some funding.
The episodes feel basic/lackluster compared to the films where lots of crazy stuff is happening (jedi fights, space battles, etc).
In Mandalorian most of the time, it's laser shootouts in drab scenery, or conversations.

When what I expected was more along the lines of:
tenor.gif

I quite enjoy the action in mandalorian. It's not over the top or hyper stimulation but it feels really sharp. Reminds me of the dredd remake which i also enjoyed a lot.

01c8c9fa204184a564b9749d0b7b9378.gif

quMAroV.gif

tenor.gif

Someone was gushing to her about how much they loved the SW universe. She looked straight in his face and said, "Too bad we have to tear it down."

Destroying the legacy of Star Wars was her plan. That was her agenda. She won. To her Star Wars represented White Male Patriarchy. So to destroy it was a win against white men.

Now, how on Earth did she get the job? She.doesn't even like Star Wars. She doesn't understand it. It was simply a platform for her to be political. It was never about telling good stories. It was always about a political agenda.

Disney lost perhaps 3+ billion hiring someone who wanted to destroy what George built.

LOL
Sauce? Like WTF, seriously?

You know they really were

The last Jedi’s editing and pacing was off and a light Sabre duel should showcase some kind of martial arts ability in wielding a blade

I don’t necessarily need a Ray Park level of skill but just hacking and swinging away like Kylo and Rey were

i was just like I could out duel these to light Sabre hacks I liken it to watching two seven year olds bashing away with toy lightsabers from toys r us in the front yard

I enjoyed Force Awakens but I also enjoyed your description of the fight lol

I liked that Kylo was shot in the guts and Ray was new

Back