How is Oakley still in Business?

She takes care of hers and you don't? Lol it's not the sunglasses fault if you lose them.

What has that got to do with the point I made though? The point is that there is a difference in lens quality between high quality sun glasses and low quality ones and I know that because I buy junk and she doesn't.......

What has that got to do with the point I made though? The point is that there is a difference in lens quality between high quality sun glasses and low quality ones and I know that because I buy junk and she doesn't.......

You included "I lose them" as part of the reason hers are better. That has nothing to do with the quality, that's your fault. If you carried around her sunglasses you'd lose them too.

Do you care for your sunglasses the same way she does hers? Obviously not, since you keep losing them and she does not.

I've had the same 15 dollar sunglasses for 3 years. No issues. "Lens quality" can go fuck itself.

As long as there are douchebags, Oakley will be around.

Navy SEALs gotta get their sunglasses from somewhere.

I have the Oakley Batwolf sunglasses that I use for hiking and outdoor activities. I've tried other brands and I wouldn't change them for the world. This is my third pair because I've lost them in the ocean and while traveling.

1026673_fpx.tif

I also use Oakley gloves and other gear, but mostly, I love my Oakley kitchen sink back pack that I've had for almost 10 years. I have done traveling, backpacking, road trips, camping, beach outings, hiking and even took it ice climbing in Alaska and it's still as good as new, not even scratches on it. Granted, it was $250 back when I got it, but still, nothing seems to last this long these days. Shit's still going strong 10 years later.

kitchensink1_1024x1024.jpg

Some items are a bit tacky for my taste and some others might not be the best quality out there, but Oakley still produces really good gear and items for people who actually use them for sports and outdoor activities.

As for my casual sunglasses, I use the Spy Cyrus almost on the daily. These are great sunglasses and also versatile; they work with relaxed attire and even with a suit or dressed for work. I often receive compliments on them.

s-l640.jpg
You had me all the way until the last picture.

i see Gascans on base all the time

It makes sense though, in the military (at least Army and Marines) people often have to wear Eye Protection throughout the duty day, so it's better than the generic BS ones that are issued

Personally i just rock the gas station cheap ones b/c they get tactically acquired by others or my kid breaks them or whatever

Cops and landscapers need to get their sunglasses somewhere, bro.

You included "I lose them" as part of the reason hers are better. That has nothing to do with the quality, that's your fault. If you carried around her sunglasses you'd lose them too.

Do you care for your sunglasses the same way she does hers? Obviously not, since you keep losing them and she does not.

I've had the same 15 dollar sunglasses for 3 years. No issues. "Lens quality" can go fuck itself.

Again this had nothing to do with my point -- you are a dumb shit and not worth my time for any replies.

I don't think that this is true. My wife wears high quality sunglasses and I don't because I always lose mine or break them. Her lenses are much higher quality than anything I have ever bought.

Agreed. I used to think Sunglasses were sunglasses and only goofs paid premium price for them until my eye doctor explained the difference to me. Oakley makes some badass stuff and I notice a huge difference after years of wearing cheap crap. I think a lot of people are just piling on and talking shit but don’t really know any better. I tried a few brands and found Oakley’s to be the best out of the ones I’ve tried so far.

well they still sell tons of these to :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s

OakleyBladesInsert.jpg

used to go great with a mustache and mullet

Ubiquitous 90's shades.

Many of the people that wear them still get the same haircut they did in the 90's.

I won't be buying any more Oakleys after the ones I own now break.

I used to love my Oakleys as they could take quite a bit of abuse and not break. Mine would last me years. I had to buy a new pair about 2 years ago and im on my third exchange or repair as they keep breaking and i have to fight them over the warranty each time. You can feel how cheap they feel now comparatively to older models.

I had a similar experience with my TAG watch. Had my old one 20+ years and no issues. Tough as rocks regardless of how much I bashed it. Got a new one a few years back and have nothing but troubles. Cheap made in China parts internally. Major battle with warranty company. Will be my last one.

With Sears & Sports Authority shutting down and going out of business, how does Oakley still remain?
Are people still willing to shell out $200 for sunglasses when there are cheaper and better quality alternatives for less than $15?

Oakley sunglasses are pure dogshit quality in my opinion.
I remember paying $193 for a pair back in the late 90's and the frame broke less than a year later.

In business some brands are priced higher than others to signify higher quality like Apple products or Patek Phillilpe watches. The latter brand's watches are handmade by master craftsmen watchmakers which can take up to a year and cost into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

With Sears & Sports Authority shutting down and going out of business, how does Oakley still remain?
Are people still willing to shell out $200 for sunglasses when there are cheaper and better quality alternatives for less than $15?

Oakley sunglasses are pure dogshit quality in my opinion.
I remember paying $193 for a pair back in the late 90's and the frame broke less than a year later.

I bought a pair of Oakley ski goggles online this winter for like $30. They're nice too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back