How is Khamzat a betting favorite over Edwards?

Time to make some money off edwards then

Betting lines are determined to make the house money

they will move as people put money on Leon, but they are probably banking on the khamzet hype

Ding ding ding.

It never ceases to amaze me how people confuse betting odds with probability lol.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/11...-favorite-over-leon-edwards-mma-gambling-news

How does that make any sense?

I get it that Khamzat has been active and looks like a monster, but Edwards has been undefeated for 5 years and has beaten much higher level competition.

If I were a betting man, I'd go Leon 100% with these odds.

Khamzat can definitely win this fight but there is also a big chance that this is going to be O'Malley-Vera all over again.
It's pretty simple actually.

Edwards is a good fighter.
Chimaev is a great one.

Little known FACT is that edwards was a modest FAVORITE when the lines opened. Khamzat became the favorite later that day and the reason he became the favorite is because money came pouring in on him. THAT IS WHY HE IS THE FAVORITE. The reason chimaev is now the favorite is because the "house" wants to reduce their payout IF he wins thus the "minus" odds. They are trying to make Edwards more appealing by giving me "plus" odds. The "house's" ultimate goal is to have the exact same amount of risk on both sides.

Back