How is Khamzat a betting favorite over Edwards?

youllneverwalkalone

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/11...-favorite-over-leon-edwards-mma-gambling-news

How does that make any sense?

I get it that Khamzat has been active and looks like a monster, but Edwards has been undefeated for 5 years and has beaten much higher level competition.

If I were a betting man, I'd go Leon 100% with these odds.

Khamzat can definitely win this fight but there is also a big chance that this is going to be O'Malley-Vera all over again.

I blame his sherdog fan girls.
Funny thing is Khamzat get almost no hype in Sweden compared to what he gets on Sherdog/by the UFC. A couple of articles when he's fought but nothing else. The major newspapers in Sweden never writes a bout MMA except when Conor, Khabib or Gustafsson fights. Maybe Hermansson to. MMA is just not that popular in Sweden. I'd put Football (soccer), Hockey, Cross country skiing, Alpine skiing, Golf, swimming, horse racing, track and field, motorsport, floorball and handball as more popular sports to watch in Sweden.

Big step up for Khamzat. He have his chance, Leon is going to bring the best out of him.

That shit will change quick once the smart money comes in closer to fight night

I think it's a test for both. It will be the first properly sized Welterweight Edwards take on for some time.

Yes RDA is good, Yes Nelson is legit, Yes I like Cowboy.. but they should all fight at lightweight .

Edwards is legit as well, I just have this sneaky feeling Khamzat is a maniac that will smack him like an evil toddler.

Just a gutfeeling..
I was on the Brandon Thatch hypetrain so i have been wrong as shit before

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/11...-favorite-over-leon-edwards-mma-gambling-news

I get it that Khamzat has been active and looks like a monster, but Edwards has been undefeated for 5 years and has beaten much higher level competition.

Khamzat can definitely win this fight but there is also a big chance that this is going to be O'Malley-Vera all over again.
i wouldn't bet on leon simply because this whole thing stinks to high heaven, and there's no telling what kind of bullcrap the ufc will pull to get khamzat the w.

Khamzat is a different kind of animal than O'Malley and ppl know that.

Can Rocky win? Of course!
Should he be favorite? I'm not too sure.

Just because Khamzat hasn't fought against any top 10/20 fighters doesn't mean he won't win. His style is very dominant, he has knock out power, a savage mentality and is praised as the next big thing by legit top fighters.

Leon Scott in comparison was inactive, got besmirched by Masvidal, is a boring decision fighter, whiny, overall unlikable and got taken down by Barbarena.

Chimaev is the favorite because he’s going to win, duh.

He’s a better wrestler with much better power. What does Leon have? More experience, sure but Khamzat doesn’t exactly lack confidence. Khamzat is far more active too, Leon has fought in 87 years. That leaves Leon with a punchers chance. Think about that, Leon the decision machine only has a punchers chance against an undefeated beast.

Last edited:
Put some money on Edward then.. but im pretty sure you wont, because deep down you know Khamzat is the real deal

he could be the real deal and still get his fucking ass kicked, actually. that's what it means to fight the best fighters in the world.
The best fighters in world don't win a split against Gurnar nelson nor fail to finish cowboy

There's two possibilities here:

1: The betting public knows more than you.
2: You know more than the betting public.

If you claim 2 is true, but aren't willing to put money on that opinion, then nobody should take anything you say seriously.

Back