How is Jake Ellenberger a +440 against Dad Bod Barberena?

I mean I know Jake has fallen off quite a bit since his prime, but he still has great wrestling and KO Power

Barberena also is probably the weakest fight that Ellenberger has faced in years

Does anyone think Barberena will finish him? I think Jake has a good shot at catching him for the KO

I thought this fight would be more even on the betting lines, maybe even Berger a slight favorite

Plus Barberna KOed Jakes little brother, so there's the revenge factor for Berger

Ellen Burger loses often. Barbarena is pretty legit. Kid can scrap. Ellen Burger chokes.

before I risk money on Jake, can someone tell me if he still training with Edmond?

Jake is the biggest change that happened when USADA came in the picture, just look back at his pictures his neck was like a tree trunk and he was destroying people then all of a sudden he is soft like cookie dough and being used as a welcome mat for guys to wipe their feet on.

Yeah that makes Ellenberger a decent bet. I probably favour him winning.

I legitimately thought Ellenberger would've knocked GSP out if given the chance.
How the times change.

How is Saunders above Barberena?

He has a win over Warley Alves and knocked down Leon Edwards. Both guys would smash Ellenberger pretty badly.

Ellenberger isn't as good as he used to be and his chin isn't there much anymore. In 2012 I'd pick Ellenberger but these days that's a tough sell

Real question should be why is Jake Ellenberger still employed by the UFC.

Jake’s chin is cracked. I seriously thought Platinum was going to catch an assault charge after that murderous standing elbow. That said, the word “veteran” will surely be thrown around a lot during the braodcast. This is a winnable fight for Jake. He’s beaten guys better than

I expect those odds will close a bit once we get closer to fight night. I think +260 to +200 is a decent line for this fight.

I’m picking Barbarena in this fight, full stop, but I’d probably put some pocket change on the Berger at the current odds if I were a betting man.

I don't think so at all. The line opened at +205 and was hammered. It's been increasing pretty steadily. With reduced juice, I expect Ellenberger to get above +500.

You have to be an old school MMA fan to have seen Ellenburger win a fight.

Because Jake has been taking more naps than Garfield these last few years.

Back