How is Jake Ellenberger a +440 against Dad Bod Barberena?

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I mean I know Jake has fallen off quite a bit since his prime, but he still has great wrestling and KO Power

Barberena also is probably the weakest fight that Ellenberger has faced in years

Does anyone think Barberena will finish him? I think Jake has a good shot at catching him for the KO

I thought this fight would be more even on the betting lines, maybe even Berger a slight favorite

Plus Barberna KOed Jakes little brother, so there's the revenge factor for Berger

I think Jake is just at a point where people assume he will lose to anyone. I thought it was a bit odd also, but he's def lost a lot recently and seems done.

I mean I know Jake has fallen off quite a bit since his prime, but he still has great wrestling and KO Power

Barberena also is probably the weakest fight that Ellenberger has faced in years

Does anyone think Barberena will finish him? I think Jake has a good shot at catching him for the KO

I thought this fight would be more even on the betting lines, maybe even Berger a slight favorite

I think the reason behind it might be, I haven't followed Jake in a while, but I think his wrestling went out the window, and I don't think people expect him to be able to hold guys down either, so I think people probably expect him to be a striking match, and we all know Jake's chin is shot as hell, so that's why, I think people might be favouring the other guy a lot.

Barberena has a much better chin than Jake at this point, and can take some abuse.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Bryan get a late TKO.

Have you been following Jake for the last few years? That's why.

Plus Barberna KOed Jakes little brother, so there's the revenge factor for Berger
Because Ellenberger is a shell of his former self who can basically only win via one punch KO power, and Barbarena has shown extreme durability and a great chin?

Although, I will say Joe Ellenebrger vs Barbarena is an underrated fight.

A better question is how is Ellenberger still in the UFC?

Ellenberger may be washed up, but in mma +400 makes anyone a good bet.

I thought this thread was going to be about how you thought +400 was giving him too much credit

I expect those odds will close a bit once we get closer to fight night. I think +260 to +200 is a decent line for this fight.

I’m picking Barbarena in this fight, full stop, but I’d probably put some pocket change on the Berger at the current odds if I were a betting man.

Ellenberger may be washed up, but in mma +400 makes anyone a good bet.
thats why the number shocked me a tad until i thought of it as a person hosting the bets.
If you dont follow MMA but watch enough you go "wtf Jake Ellenberger vs who?"
'places bet like r'tard'
fight comes on "ohhh that guy beat sage when i bet on sage fuck"
host makes the $
lol

because jake is and has been completely fucking shot for a long ass time, and barberena is tough and doesn't stop coming for you.

Because he went from 8-2 in his first 10 fights to 2-8 in his last 10 fights.

That said, I picked him in a couple of parlays I placed...he does have that puncher's chance.

Jake loses most of the time now..... Im guessing its because of that

The real question is, who the fuck is going to bet on Barberino at -580?

Back