How in the world does Henry Cejudo beat MM?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I don't even give him a punchers chance. His 4 decision wins in the UFC (split against Formiga) aren't super impressive either.

I guess nothing is impossible but grinding out a decision against one of the best MMA wrestlers... I would be chocked.

Honestly I wouldn't even be surprised if DJ outwrestles the Olympic gold winner. Like Jones against DC.

He could go wrestling heavy, like Cruz did against DJ.

But I think MM is too fast, too slick, and too well-rounded overall for Cejudo.

Wrastling.

But will be difficult to get and hold DJ down.

The only chance he has is to use his wrestling and GNP.

How does anyone? Flyweights have been trying to crack that code for as long as the division's existed, and so far no one's come close. The one who'll end up unseating him is probably still far from a crack at a title shot.

I wasn't impressed at all by his last fight. I just think we're going through the motions with this one.

How does anyone? Flyweights have been trying to crack that code for as long as the division's existed, and so far no one's come close. The one who'll end up unseating him is probably still far from a crack at a title shot.

McCall 1
Joe-B 1
Dodson 1

He doesn't.

He doesn't.

MM just needs to fight the last "viable" contender in the division he hasn't beaten to justify vacating the title and moving up.

Cejudo will be another example of FLW having no depth and guys with only a handful of fights getting title shots then losing.

cejudo has a better chance at beating mighty mouse in video games.

Imo this fight will be won in the transitions between takedowns. Go for a shot and it gets stuffed. The guy who is able to land in these transitions will win the fight.

I fully expect it to be mm, but Henry is good here too.

Imo this fight will be won in the transitions between takedowns. Go for a shot and it gets stuffed. The guy who is able to land in these transitions will win the fight.
Sooo... Mighty Mouse then.

He doesn't really have much of a chance but everyone was also saying how unimpressive Holm looked before she took the belt off RR.

Sooo... Mighty Mouse then.
Yeah I fully expect it to be Mm, but Henry is good here too. Plus he is an Olympic gold medalist, so Mm may for the first time be fighting someone with more natural athletic talent. Henry didn't wrestle in college, he went straight into the Olympics. That's insane.

Cejudo is like 87240987089214 times slower tan MM, he will have to plant a GPS on him if he wants to find the mice on the octagon.

Yeah I fully expect it to be Mm, but Henry is good here too. Plus he is an Olympic gold medalist, so Mm may for the first time be fighting someone with more natural athletic talent. Henry didn't wrestle in college, he went straight into the Olympics. That's insane.
Damn, I had no idea. That's fuckin nuts!! Still think MM wins pretty easy but that's a hell of an accomplishment

I don't know. I don't see him winning this. MM has been around a long time and has much more cage experience.

He absolutely doesnt. The most impressive performance from Cejudo was his UFC debut at 135lbs against a non top 15 opponent. All his fights at 125lbs werent that impressive. Classic decision wins were he outworked his opponent without doing anything out of the ordinary or coming close to a finish. He is not more of a threat than Cariaso or Bagautinov for a guy like MM. Despite the wrestling credentials, I think MM has better mma wrestling than Cejudo! MM wins 50-45 or 49-46. A late sub finish is also very possible.

Back