How in the world does Henry Cejudo beat MM?

It's very simple.
He doesn't. MM by decision.

I don't even give him a punchers chance. His 4 decision wins in the UFC (split against Formiga) aren't super impressive either.

I guess nothing is impossible but grinding out a decision against one of the best MMA wrestlers... I would be chocked.

Honestly I wouldn't even be surprised if DJ outwrestles the Olympic gold winner. Like Jones against DC.
Cejudo's only chance is to impose his wrestling on MM.

giphy.gif

With a trident. He needs to incorporate the use of a trident into his overall fight strategy.

Damn, I had no idea. That's fuckin nuts!! Still think MM wins pretty easy but that's a hell of an accomplishment
No doubt man. It's stunning to hearHe skipped out on college immediately and just went to the Olympic training center. Nobody does that. There are some freak wrestlers who train with and can compete with Olympic guys, but Henry went to the training center and did that full time for 2 years out of high school. He then qualified for the US team won the trials and won the Gold medal at the age when most ncaa wrestlers would be entering their sophomore years he won the Gold medal. That's why I said that Mm hasn't faced an athlete like Henry. I looking forward to this, but I anticipate Mm being the better mixed martial artist. I see Henry as Mm's last opponent at 125.

Last edited:
By a lackluster and close decision. Minimal standup engagements, lots of bouncing around on the feet, some wall and stall and a couple point scoring takedowns that he will do no damage with.

I think Mighty Mouse will dominate though.

cejudo has a better chance at beating mighty mouse in video games.

Mighty Mouse's Punch Out? I'd buy that, but only if he was an insanely difficult final boss who blinked his eyes twice before throwing huge uppercuts that instantly KO you.

Wrestling of course. I think many will be surprised. People weren't giving Holm or Rockhold much of a chance against Ronda and Weidman, but they both went on to win in devastating fashion. You just never know.

I don't think he's got much of a shot but maybe he can win with top control and/or a big shot, he seems like he's got good power but doesn't have the striking skills yet to make full use of it. If he's made a big strides with his striking and adapting his wrestling to MMA it might be interesting.

Wrestling of course. I think many will be surprised. People weren't giving Holm or Rockhold much of a chance against Ronda and Weidman, but they both went on to win in devastating fashion. You just never know.

You're right, but RR and Chris have some issues that everybody knows

MM is fucking well rounded and developing in every fight

Dude gets 50-45'd easily.

Unless he's been hiding some extraordinary KO power or excellent wrestling in all his UFC fights, like Holm did before the Rousey fight.

I'm goint to say something different and that is Cejudos best chance is to work the perfect stand up fight. Mighy Mouse's best skill still is wrestling and if he cant dictate where the fight goes then he is kinda screwed. I mean he was having so much trouble vith Horiguchis speed that he became completely one dimension for the rest of the fight and only worked to get the fight to the floor. With Cejudo that is not going to work as easily.

Might Mouse by decision though. I think Scoggins might be his best challenger in the not so stacked division.

You're right, but RR and Chris have some issues that everybody knows

MM is fucking well rounded and developing in every fight
I agree, but I think Cejudo is yet to show his best in the octagon. It definitely reminds me of Holm since she was very underwhelming until the Rousey fight. Regardless it's a great fight and I know a lot of us have been looking forward to it since Cejudo came to the UFC.

A lot of people were giving Rockhold a very good chance of beating Rockhold as evidenced by the fairly close betting odds in that fight. He was clearly a stylistic problem for Weidman. It's hard to figure out exactly where Cejudo poses significant stylistic threats to MM. He was a damn good freestyle wrestler, but he hasn't shown exceptional takedowns or particularly good top control in MMA (a lot of the issue here stems from the fact that unlike fighter like MM, Cejudo struggles to blend striking and grappling together). Sure, he can likely keep the fight standing which is significant in the sense that MM's best offense tends to come from top position, but it's not like Cejudo has the advantage anywhere else in the fight. Cejudo is a decent striker, but not up to the same level as much of MM's opposition (certainly not equal with Dodson, Benavidez, or probably even Horiguchi). The most you can say for Cejudo is that he has the wrestling to keep the fight standing and probably the striking to not get completely dominated. MM's wrestling and general grappling defense has greatly improved since losing to Pickett and Cruz, and struggling with McCall in their first fight, and the only way I see him being grinded out is if his opponent has a massive size advantage a la Cruz (even then, I really doubt that Cruz would have anywhere near the same success nowadays grappling with MM).

Cejudo is a good fighter who likely can still improve significantly in the sport, but you're going to have to be extremely good in at least two major facets of MMA to beat MM, and frankly, even with his great wrestling credentials, I'm not sure if you could argue that Cejudo has shown to be extremely good in one facet just yet.

In other news Holly did not look great in her UFC fights leading up to Ronda then tooled her.

Fact is Henry is a winner and should never be counted out till its over.

Back