How important was the 1st round for Cain in that rematch?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He was diving for takedowns in that fight like a dog. It shook JDS how desperate he was to change levels in the fight. Once he put it into juniors head, he was able to catch him slippin with that punch that dropped him. And from there on out, changed the entire complexion of the fight.

Although most favor Cain to repeat the feat, the fight may not play out the same way, and I'm expecting it to be more competitive than that last outing. A coin flip with Cain having a slight edge in aggression in favor of judging but im definitely not counting out Junior to shine.

Cain has to mix it up even more intelligently this time around.

Cain has to wrestle when JDS wants to box and he has to kick box when JDS wants to stuff takedowns (wrestle)

If he can do this at a high pace and change levels chances are he will beat JDS down again.

It wont be easy with with Cains chin, Im still uncertain about it.

Extremely important. I think
JDS will knock him out inside of two rounds.

Cain has to mix it up even more intelligently this time around.

Cain has to wrestle when JDS wants to box and he has to kick box when JDS wants to stuff takedowns (wrestle)

If he can do this at a high pace and change levels chances are he will beat JDS down again.

It wont be easy with with Cains chin, Im still uncertain about it.

It took JDS' bomb of a right hand to drop Cain and followup GnP to actually knock him out. His chin has held up just fine, and he has improved in the 4+ years since the Kongo bout.

i think cain will push for a simliar plan , jds looked really fats , powerful and shapr in his last fihgt so it might be a bad inght for cain.. but if cain can prove that he can out push the pace and slow jds down. it'll be another long night for jds. . it's 50/50 honestly , both greta fihgers at the top of their division. gonna be a good fight regardless i tihnk

I think that Cain might end up subbing JDS. Maybe a TD to some GnP that softens up JDS and opens up an opportunity for a RNC or anaconda or something

It was huge. JDS was gassed by the end of it, and the fight was decided there. I don't think Cain will have this luxury again. Cain came out hard ready to avenge his loss, and this time JDS will come roaring out and ready for battle. JDS by KO

It was hugely important.

I can't wait for the fight, anything could happen again.
The first minute or two is going to be tense.

It took JDS' bomb of a right hand to drop Cain and followup GnP to actually knock him out. His chin has held up just fine, and he has improved in the 4+ years since the Kongo bout.

But it is Dos Santos' power we are talking about, probably the best power puncher at HW. If Dos Santos does not get dropped early like in the rematch, and keeps up the pace of the fight, he could finish at any moment.

I think the key for Dos Santos is to use counter-wrestling moves, try to punish Velasquez for missed shots, and try to hurt him everywhere, not only standing. That and playing a bit of guard game too, not letting Velasquez ride his back while smashing him.

Cain is simply a better fighter. He prooved it over and over. He simply outclassed JDS in the last fight, showing him a whole new level of fighting.

He had JDS crawling on the ground like a dog, so he could survive the GnP, turning into a zombie to survive it.

Cain wins 8/10 against JDS, he should be able to win this saturday and end the JDS hype once and for all.

Feel free to bump if my prediction goes wrong , I ain't even mad

Cain is simply a better fighter. He prooved it over and over. He simply outclassed JDS in the last fight, showing him a whole new level of fighting.

He had JDS crawling on the ground like a dog, so he could survive the GnP, turning into a zombie to survive it.

Cain wins 8/10 against JDS, he should be able to win this saturday and end the JDS hype once and for all.

Feel free to bump if my prediction goes wrong , I ain't even mad

Not to make excuses, but didn't JDS's bloodwork show he literally overtrained? Who knows how much of a factor that was in the last bout, and how differently things will play out this fight. Not sure if you can say with confidence that Cain is in fact the better fighter. If he wins this saturday in similar fashion then you'll be proven right,but as they say, we shall see......can't wait!

Just as important as Jds over cain when he stopped him except Cain couldnt put him away and just beat up a zombie junior there on out.

We will see cain just try to polish his gameplan up will be the same plan except hold him down when u get him down look for subs etc.I dont think he will spam takedowns like he did in the first fight but u never know.

I think the problem with Junior in the first fight was he underestimated cain,thought 1 punch would put him away again,that and he overtrained split with his hotty of a wife.Add in the fact i think him and his camp thought cain would try 1-3 takedowns fail and just kickbox like mir did with Junior except he didnt he stuck with em.

I imagine we will see a whole new gameplan for Junior,watching out for his boxing more and when cain goes for takedowns countering em with uppercuts and if he is on the floor on 1 knee throwing bombs instead of going back to the centre to rinse and repeat.

Not as important as the 1st round for Junior in the 1st fight

In my opinion both fights got basically finished by 1rst round monstrous shots.

Difference of course being that Cain got conventionally Tko'd while Junior somehow survived and went into some morbid zombie mode - was actually KO'd, so couldn't be KO'd again. :p

While people may argue whether he had recovered a bit/at all, I think it save to say that in both fights there was 1 absolutely crucial punch.

It makes 3rs fight fascinating with no doubt.

In my opinion both fights got basically finished by 1rst round monstrous shots.

Difference of course being that Cain got conventionally Tko'd while Junior somehow survived and went into some morbid zombie mode - was actually KO'd, so couldn't be KO'd again. :p

While people may argue whether he had recovered a bit/at all, I think it save to say that in both fights there was 1 absolutely crucial punch.

It makes 3rs fight fascinating with no doubt.

The difference is JDS has a chin and heart while Cain went unconscious and arguably tapped to strikes

I remember how desperate Cain looked hunting for takedowns that fight but then JDS started to drop his hands and the fight was over.

very important. he was being neutralized like a punk. Although he was landing good strikes before that , a 1 punch KO is always a possibility for JDS.

Obviously huge, won't happen again though. Junior ko's him early again, will probably take a bit longer this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back