How I interpret those who say Gustafsson beat Jones

TheLoneWolf527

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
"Leg kicks mean nothing"

It's still funny to me seeing so many people saying Gustafsson won the fight no questions asked as if it was a travesty of a decision, which pretty much made me realize that a ton of people don't value leg kicks at all since Jones threw mostly those in the first 3 rounds

Leg kicks are valuable when they work, not when they land.

Jones won decisively both times I watched it and I'm not even a "Jones fan."

Just watched the fight again. I don't understand how people think Gus won, he clearly had the first round and maybe the third, but Jones easily had the fifth, fourth and second, and maybe the third. Making the fight either 48-47 or 49-46 for Jones, plus he's the champ.

Jones was the one limping afterwards.

Dem leg kicks tho

Did anyone see the picture of Gus standing next to Jones in his wheelchair?

Did anyone see the picture of Gus standing next to Jones in his wheelchair?

Was that pic of Jones with a sore leg taken before or after Gus was given a CAT scan for concussions?

To those that think Gus won
127_jon_jones_vs_alexander_gustafsson_gallery_post.0_standard_709.0.jpg

:redface:

Lol little teeps? Sure they count but at what value?

Jones won 3 rounds to 2 and even if you disagree watch Bruce Buffer scream 'STILLLLL' or go read the shore cards or something cos I'm kinda fed up of having to read the same shit
#rantingoverfuckall

It was an awesome fight period.

I have no idea why so many MMA fans can't appreciate this.

I don't think that he won...Jones eaked it out bearly...and that's the reason I want to se a rematch..because It was so damn close and if Jones wins he erases all doubts and cements his legacy..and if Gus wins the division get's so much deeper and more open....anyway the fans win.

I think it was clear jones won 3-2 but if he didn't land that big elbow at the end of the third round I think Gus would have won the fight . But u can't go off of ifs and jones won .

To those that think Gus won
127_jon_jones_vs_alexander_gustafsson_gallery_post.0_standard_709.0.jpg

:redface:

Not saying Gus won but dude, Jones did not look any better. Most fighters are gonna look like that after 5 rounds of competing in a sport like this regardless of the outcome of the fight. I for the record feel Jones won by American MMA rules if only for the fact that he got the TDs which counted for more and landed the strikes which counted for more. But a. I can understand the case that it was indeed a genuine robbery and b. That Jones chose this fight to out of all the possible fights he won to avoid a rematch like this is gonna look genuinely bad for the guy no matter how anyone tries to spin it. Sad but true.

Last edited:
Ppl who make threads like these must feel the need to defend the judges meh decisions. sure, u can give jbj 3 outta 5 rounds, but did he really deserve them? Once I heard 49-46 I thought, well at least one judge wasn't trying to force jbj the win... boy, was I wrong

I thought it was a close fight but gave the edge to Gus. I thought his displayed superior technique, did more damage, and was in control of the fight more than Jones. I valued that over points scored on meaningless strikes. Though Jones did have his moments in the fight, namely the infamous elbow.

I will admit that it is very hard to objectively analyze a fight when an underdog does as well as Gus did.

Not saying Gus won but dude, Jones did not look any better. I for the record feel Jones won by American MMA rules if only for the fact that he got the TDs which counted for more and landed the strikes which counted for more. But a. I can understand the case that it was indeed a genuine robbery and b. That Jones chose this fight to out of all the possible fights he won to avoid a rematch like this is gonna look genuinely bad for the guy no matter how anyone tries to spin it. Sad but true.

He's gonna fight Gus, once UFC decides to stop posturing and cut him a better contract.
That's all this whole situation boils down to anyhow.
UFC knows that this is really the only marketable fight on the horizon for PPV buys.
So does Jon, he wants more money for this fight, the balls really in the court of UFC, not the court of popular opinion.
Jones is finally relishing his new role as the UFC "Bad Guy"
tumblr_maz81dOf4n1qh6tudo1_400.gif

Back